User Avatar Image

Poker Night 3 - Fantasy Casting Thread

posted by BrianBoyko on - last edited - Viewed by 13.2K users

Howdy. Just thought there might be some interesting places to mine for characters for Poker Night 3.

For example: Farscape. You could get the licence from Channel 9, it's famous enough to be known, obscure enough that the licence is available. Scorpius, Rygel, & Chiana, I think, would make the best choice of players.

From the Valve stable, I'm thinking Dr. Kleiner.

From Adult Swim/Williams St: Nathan Explosion, Master Shake, Cheryl Tunt (from Archer), BraK.

Miscellaneous: Pearl Forrester or Tom Servo from MST3K, Dark Helmet from Spaceballs... Elvira...

and finally...

Tommy Wiseau. As himself.

170 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah... Guybrush NEEDS to be in Poker Night 3...

• Just like Theodore Dudebrough needs to be brought back. Dude.

• -The Schafer special-

Manny Calavera
    Guybrush / Purple Tentacle
    Raz
    Eddie Riggs

• Hector for Telltale's guy. Just to be the one guy that doesn't say Guybrush!
    Wheatley and GLADoS would struggle for control of dealing cards.
    The War Mage from Orcs Must Die!
    Eddie Riggs from Brutal Legend.
    Buster Bluth from Arrested Development as a super surprising wild card.

• Some ideas, trying to not say obvious ones such as Bender (by the way, they must get Bender):

* As much as I'd love to see some Guybrush in PN3, it wouldn't be a bad move if they cast Stan or Murray to represent MI.

* The Thing from Fantastic Four usually hosts poker games for the Marvel superhero community, so I think he would be a great addition.

* Any Simpsons character voiced by Hank Azaria or Harry Shearer.

* Also, it's time for us to see some females in the table. Some good choices would be Lara Croft, Faith from Mirror's Edge, Crimson Viper from SF4 and Mom from Futurama (if they don't get Bender, of course).

* If they could get the original actors, it would be awesome to see Barney Stinson from CBS' How I Met Your Mother and Mal Reynolds from Firefly. Heck, throw in Dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer, let NPH and Nathan Fillion voice the whole thing and call it a day! :P

• Flint Paper - Sam & Max
    Roger Smith - American Dad
    The Soldier or Demoman - TF2
    and Vaas from Far Cry 3 because seeing him play poker would be hilarious.

• Doc Brown (Back To The Future)

Katz (Courage the Cowardly Dog)

Kim Pine (Scott Pilgrim VS. The World)

Pierce Washington (Saints Row series)

Dealer: Victor (Fallout: New Vegas)

• I'll mention (and expand on) my idea from the old DLC character ideas thread.

Lee Everett, with Clementine appearing like Max in PN2 (The Walking Dead)
    Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect)
    Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
    Doc Brown (Back to the Future)
    Dealer: The G-Man

Unlocks would be:
    -Clementine's Hat (all classes)
    -Garrus' Visor (Sniper)
    -Motorized Minigun (Heavy)
    -Doc Brown's back-up-in-case-his-hair-gets-singed-off wig (Medic and Engineer)
    -Lamarr (all classes)

Some sample dialogue:

Garrus: Aren't you supposed to be dead, Everett?
    Lee: And your not supposed to be born for a thousand years.
    Garrus: Touche.
    Doc Brown: Ah, the wonders of time travel!

*The player gets busted out*
    G-Man: It seems... you did not prepare... for unforeseen consequences.

*When entering their draw-ins"
    Elizabeth: Here, I found some cash!
    *Elizabeth opens a tear and pulls out a wad of money*

Doc Brown when folding: Great Scott, these cards are terrible!

Garrus upon winning a hand: I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is my favorite card game at the inventory!

Doc Brown: Since I began my time traveling career I've often wondered how everything's going to end. I always chicken out from just going and seeing it for myself.
    Lee: I'll tell you how it ends. It ends with the dead. The dead always win.
    Garrus: No, no, no. In the end you'll have to make one final choice about your life: red, green, or blue.
    Elizabeth: Things end the same way they being, a man, a city, a lighthouse...
    Garrus: Which one of those is the renegade ending?
    Doc Brown: On second thought, maybe its better to keep things a mystery. Stupid spoilers.

• just a few idea's i thought would be cool

A zombified lee, Radien from MGR, karl pilkington ang yahtzee from zero punctuation. i came up with a piece of dialogue

*Lee's arm falls off trying to take the pot
    uhhh could someone grab that

raiden - I've been there, done that and done that too my enemies

karl - do you use that on you women or is that a different body

raiden- NO I CANT!!!

Yahtzee - im surrounded by a rotting drama show, a metal drama show and a reject off here comes bod

Lee-....... i'll just go find some tape.

just i few idea's

• Bill L4D, Vaas FC3, Bosco S&M, Agent 47 Hitman. Guest Dealer: Bill Murray, Guybrush Threepwood or Mario. Oh and make the player Gordon Freeman. The advertisement could be Gordon standing next to a 3. Then he gets shoved out of the way by Bosco running from Agent 47 who is being followed by Bill insisting they hold up so he can heal them. Bill Murray says "Were you expecting something else." as the poker night logo has replaced the half life logo on Gordons chest when he stands up. Vaas's taunting laughter heard in the distance with the poker night musical twang sound. End of trailer.

Add Comment