User Avatar Image

Why all are hate Larry?

posted by Pro_Spammer on - last edited - Viewed by 886 users

Someone should stepping up to struggle against Larry's haters.

Like everyone else I was hate Larry after playing first episode but second episode changes my mind!, Would you like to know why? Ok then I'll tell you :D

Did anyone notice how happy he was in the dairy? He was happy and trying to not be an as* in dairy, and it tease me when I thinking about how happy he was and how awful Kenny smash his head

Beside that I've really really really loved his last conversation with Lee

Lee: Guss your new girl friend wasn't all she was cracked up to be.
Larry: What the hell is your problem?
Larry: You refused to give me my day's rations back at the motor lodge
Larry: And you were out of your way to be an as*hole to me tonight
Larry: You must really hate me.

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Profanity said: Is a complete shithead to a convicted murderer, people still sympathize with the convicted murderer just because they're playing as him and they like his face or whatever.

Oh piss off, how naive can you get.

Are you simply ignoring how Larry is basically "a complete shithead" to other characters when you call others naive?

Off the top of my head, Larry is a shithead towards Duck, Kenny, Carley, Mark, and Ben.

He's also a shithead to himself, because Larry knew that throwing his little tantrums would cause his heart attacks, yet he goes ahead and does it anyway in both episodes when he was alive.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@double_u said: Are you simply ignoring how Larry is basically "a complete shithead" to other characters when you call others naive?

Off the top of my head, Larry is a shithead towards Duck, Kenny, Carley, Mark, and Ben.

He's also a shithead to himself, because Larry knew that throwing his little tantrums would cause his heart attacks, yet he goes ahead and does it anyway in both episodes when he was alive.

He has a shithead attitude, but he only barks as long as the person doesn't deserve anything more. Lee was a killer and he deserved the mistrust, even after he got the pills. That's how killers are, charming until the killing starts.

Larry could have easily fucked over anyone and everyone, yet he only chose to fuck over Lee. I wouldn't trust Lee in his place either, neither would I want him to tag along.

Being a shithead is one thing, being a murderer is another. Just because you take control of Lee at this point of his life, doesn't mean his past fuck-ups just go away and getting an old fart some peelz doesn't help change that either. And being on the murderer's side because he's a "cool guy" is what is naive.

And oh man how useful would this giant be if he had survived.

• @Profanity said: He has a shithead attitude, but he only barks as long as the person doesn't deserve anything more. Lee was a killer and he deserved the mistrust, even after he got the pills. That's how killers are, charming until the killing starts.

Larry could have easily fucked over anyone and everyone, yet he only chose to fuck over Lee. I wouldn't trust Lee in his place either, neither would I want him to tag along.

Being a shithead is one thing, being a murderer is another. Just because you take control of Lee at this point of his life, doesn't mean his past fuck-ups just go away and getting an old fart some peelz doesn't help change that either. And being on the murderer's side because he's a "cool guy" is what is naive.

And oh man how useful would this giant be if he had survived.

Doesn't really explain his attitude toward everyone else. He's an asshole to Duck, to Mark, To Kenny, to Carley, and even to his own daughter sometimes. I guess as long as he spreads the hate around evenly, he's fine by you? If being a murderer is the worst sin of all, Larry is no different because he tries to kill Lee at the end of episode 1. Oh yeah, he also tries to murder a CHILD in the very same episode 1. Unless you treat murder differently if it occurs after the apocalypse, in which case you are the naive one.

No one favorites Lee because we play as him, it's because of his actions. He always chooses the get the pills for Larry, regardless of how much we hate him. If we played as another character and Lee(as an NPC) did all the same stuff he did if we controlled, people would still like him better than Larry.

That big guy who has a heart attack at the slightest rise in tension would be very useful, indeed.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Mornai said: Doesn't really explain his attitude toward everyone else. He's an asshole to Duck, to Mark, To Kenny, to Carley, and even to his own daughter sometimes. I guess as long as he spreads the hate around evenly, he's fine by you? If being a murderer is the worst sin of all, Larry is no different because he tries to kill Lee at the end of episode 1. Oh yeah, he also tries to murder a CHILD in the very same episode 1. Unless you treat murder differently if it occurs after the apocalypse, in which case you are the naive one.

No one favorites Lee because we play as him, it's because of his actions. He always chooses the get the pills for Larry, regardless of how much we hate him. If we played as another character and Lee(as an NPC) did all the same stuff he did if we controlled, people would still like him better than Larry.

That big guy who has a heart attack at the slightest rise in tension would be very useful, indeed.

He's fine by me because he's a lumbering giant that looks out for the group and is actually useful, unlike half of the cast that everyone loves. Yeah, he shouts a lot, couldn't give a lesser fuck. And Larry is different, we're not talking about sins here and which one is the worst. You don't take your chances with a murderer unless you got nothing to lose, he had something to lose. And Lee was less innocent than your usual person. Murder is not a constant and it's not equal and these murders wouldn't have been equal either. Not to mention that killing an already established killer as a method of self-preservation is a very justifiable cause. We see the good in Lee because we're controlling him now and we know we'll make him behave, Larry doesn't know that. A bloody apocalypse already happened, now he's gonna hang around and let other people hang around a convicted murderer? No, fuck that. He'd be a shitty wuss of a father if he didn't even try put up a fight against Lee.

And he doesn't actually physically do anything to Duck. He shouts a lot, yeah, he's scared as fuck. A kid has already turned on him, but he doesn't throw him out. And he could have, he could have knocked out anyone in that room and thrown them out, but he didn't. He's all shouty shouty and that's where it ends. If he wanted Duck dead, we wouldn't have a kid to shoot later on in the game.

Besides, didn't you by ep 2 realize that his douche attitude is a self-defense mechanism?

Anyway, as I said, getting the pills for Larry hardly makes up for anything at all.

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Larry is the angel of TWD, it's just he's being given a lot of shit he doesn't deserve.

• Well there's no denying he's a straight up asshole most of the time, but his attitude towards Lee is justified, at least in the beginning. After he got the pills, I'd say that guy has proven himself to be an okay guy, but remember: a murderer, is usually someone, who has - fully aware of the consequences - murdered someone cold-bloded, and someone who is able to do that once, might be able to do it again, even if they seem to be alright, they might just snap back to their attitude in the heat of the moment, killing someone. Now Larry couldn't know Lee accidentally killed the state senator, the only intel he had on that guy was "murderer." I do understand why he does what he does, it is his daughter, that is around this guy, and for all he knows this guy has killed before.

His attitude towards the rest of the people, is only partly understandable, telling Carley and Lilly to shut (the fuck) up, was neccesarry, because they were arguing, when they shouldn't, there was clearly something going on outside, and from what they knew it could have been anything from the military to crazy rapist bandits.
    Then again, his attitude towards Mark, Kenny and the cruel bullshit he says when they argue about tossing out Duck (Little boy, before you eat your mommy, you can watch your dad get his nose broken) - seriously, what an asshole... it's just pointless, stupid and rude. I just think he sees the worst in people, which is an issue he has, maybe because of his wife's death, maybe he was always like this, which is more likely.

That makes him an asshole in my book, but I partly understand the man, I try to keep an open mind about people, as much as I can at least.

• He tries to kill you in the drugstore and wants you out of the group and he thinks you are putting everybody in danger because of your past and is also constantly fighting with you and insulting you.
    BETTER GIVE THIS OLD CHAP A SECOND CHANCE!
    If he didn't try to kill me in the drugstore i could forgive him

Anyway... anybody who attempts to kill me has no place in my book.

• @Virtumonde said: Anyway... anybody who attempts to kill me has no place in my book.

The best way to get rid of a murderer is to become one yourself, but don't worry. It's the apocalypse, so all will be forgiven for Larry. :mad:

The only reason he doesn't kill Lee outright is because he wants to save face with the rest of the group. With how cruel he is to the general populace already, killing someone who has been nothing but beneficial to the group could have serious ramifications, so he hoped to do the deed in silence.

• @Mornai said: The best way to get rid of a murderer is to become one yourself, but don't worry. It's the apocalypse, so all will be forgiven for Larry. :mad:

The only reason he doesn't kill Lee outright is because he wants to save face with the rest of the group. With how cruel he is to the general populace already, killing someone who has been nothing but beneficial to the group could have serious ramifications, so he hoped to do the deed in silence.

How do you define murder? Serious question, because the standard definition is an illegal killing of one person by another; by that definition, Larry couldn't really commit murder post-apocalypse for the simple reason that an illegal act requires actual you know, law. :p

The fact is that both Lee and even Duck were arguably imminent threats from Larry's perspective. He never even actually attempts to kill Duck (he talks about it, but that's as far as it goes). Lee's a convicted murderer that somehow isn't behind bars (and it's hardly uncommon to hear "oh, he was such a nice, polite fellow..." when it comes to murderers).

• @Rommel49 said: How do you define murder? Serious question, because the standard definition is an illegal killing of one person by another; by that definition, Larry couldn't really commit murder post-apocalypse for the simple reason that an illegal act requires actual you know, law. :p

The fact is that both Lee and even Duck were arguably imminent threats from Larry's perspective. He never even actually attempts to kill Duck (he talks about it, but that's as far as it goes). Lee's a convicted murderer that somehow isn't behind bars (and it's hardly uncommon to hear "oh, he was such a nice, polite fellow..." when it comes to murderers).

Well, regardless of whether laws exist anymore or not, you can pretty much guarantee you'll be thrown out of nearly every group you come into contact with if you just kill people left and right. It's understandable if you have a good reason, but just because you think you have a good reason, doesn't mean anyone else does. You may as well join the bandits.

I'm betting Larry didn't kill Duck in the drugstore for the same reason as Lee, to save face. Everyone(excepting maybe Lilly)'s opinion of Larry would no doubt drop to an extreme low if he smashed a child's head in without checking to see if was actually bitten, so he made the smart choice and tried to get rid of him through reason.

• The reason Larry didn't get the chance to kill Duck was because of the walker in the bathroom grabbing everyone's attention and Kenny(and Lee) keeping the guy away.

I can't say Larry shouldn't have distrusted Lee, but come on, no matter how nice you are to him and how much good you do for the group he is still a dick to you. Well... and everyone else. He isn't a big help, for in case you didn't notice, during the worst of situations he was out cold or unable to act on the floor. Also, just throwing out there, the man is a huge pile of muscle, and to keep up a physique like that over months of time, he must be keeping well-fed(or the writers forgot about malnutrition). I believe it implies Lilly sneaking extra rations to him. Either way, he may provide an extra hand at the motel, but he really didn't do much. He didn't go out for supplies, nor go on watch. He was a "handyman" that was only moderately handy.

My hate goes to him yelling and screaming in front of young children, trying to kill Lee, threatening to kill Lee, Carley, Kenny, etc. , trying to kill Duck, wanting to leave the group outside for the walkers, arguing with Lee about the meat at Saint Johns and then getting pissed he didn't stop him, and just being an outright dick to those around him. He could easily turn a bad situation into something worse, and basically even in death he causes tension and anger.

I just don't like that guy. I tried saving him in my true playthrough though.

Add Comment