User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 193.6K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: EDIT: Change of subject: I've been watching a Let's Play of Bioshock, so that I can have at least some excuse to mark it off my Backloggery. It occurs to me while watching it that I would get really bored of having to do the hacking minigame so often, which is perhaps one reason why I don't play it.

It's not a long game. You can fire through it in a couple days. As for the hacking game, yeah I got bored of it, but I grew up owning Loopz... A Nintendo game which was just THAT. At least it gave me a little nostalgic value.

• @Chyron8472 said: When I bought mine from eBay, it was already dented. :(

Believe me, I would have been careful with it enough to not cause damage to it.

EDIT: Change of subject: I've been watching a Let's Play of Bioshock, so that I can have at least some excuse to mark it off my Backloggery. It occurs to me while watching it that I would get really bored of having to do the hacking minigame so often, which is perhaps one reason why I don't play it.

If I remember right you can get a skill that basically lets you fly through it.

• God-DAMN but polymer clay blocks get stiff if they're left untouched for two years...

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Goes without saying. :)

I'm pondering buying a big nice block of sculpey to get some of the perspectives for my paintings right...

• @Chyron8472 said: When I bought mine from eBay, it was already dented. :(

Believe me, I would have been careful with it enough to not cause damage to it.

EDIT: Change of subject: I've been watching a Let's Play of Bioshock, so that I can have at least some excuse to mark it off my Backloggery. It occurs to me while watching it that I would get really bored of having to do the hacking minigame so often, which is perhaps one reason why I don't play it.

Well, at least you guys got a steelbook. We just got a stupid cardboard sleeve over here.

• My words of wisdom for the day (stolen from someone else, as per usual).

yQ3angJ.jpg

• OK, I'm having real problems with sitting down and focusing on actually editing together my next video. I have to FORCE myself to do it, and even then I constantly let myself get distracted and sidetracked. I've barely gotten through a script page this evening and I've had hours. I just can't stay focused on the damn thing.

Any suggestions?

• Now 99% sure that I'm to going to London to study. So that's all bar the actual accepting of the offer. Gonna start the application for a room in one of the halls tomorrow.

• Excellent. Way to go.

• @Darth Marsden said: OK, I'm having real problems with sitting down and focusing on actually editing together my next video. I have to FORCE myself to do it, and even then I constantly let myself get distracted and sidetracked. I've barely gotten through a script page this evening and I've had hours. I just can't stay focused on the damn thing.

Any suggestions?

Take an actual break. Listen to music. Watch that movie you've been meaning to watch. Play DAT game you've been meaning to DAT play.

This discussion has been closed.