User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.5K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Currently playing Poker Night 2.

    1) I wish Bruce Campbell voiced Ash.

    2) This game is fun.

    3) I apparently really suck at Poker.

  • @Chyron8472 said: Currently playing Poker Night 2.

    1) I wish Bruce Campbell voiced Ash.

    2) This game is fun.

    3) I apparently really suck at Poker.



    1. I wish William Kasten voiced Max. Bruce Campbell could only be an improvement, but I haven't seen the movies yet (haven't gotten to the copies of 2 and Army of Darkness I'm borrowing), so it doesn't bother me as much that it's not him.

    2. This game is ridiculously fun.

    3. I'm apparently not half bad at poker as long as I can manage to be patient.

    4. The Steam version absolutely hates my computer, and while I'd like to get to it eventually for the TF2 items, I'm glad I also have an XBLA copy to play in the meantime. Plus the game probably looks much better on my Xbox than it would on my PC, because, well...

    GqjpyUZ.png

  • Just finished Day of the Tentacle it was a great game and I've been failing at Poker night 2...-Bright side I've unlocked the Sam and Max/Borderlands felts and themes
    Bad side- I'm 220,000 dollars down and have failed to unlock a single Bounty prize because of Claptrap being too good at poker...

  • Playstation Plus service gave me a free digital copy of Thomas Was Alone.

    That game is BORING. I find most puzzle games made nowadays quite boring probably because they are not aimed for the people who are good with them. It is like when Portal 2 explains the upcoming puzzle by breaking it to parts in the previous areas and thus not making it challenge to figure it out when actual full puzzle comes.

  • @GuruGuru214 said: 1. I wish William Kasten voiced Max. Bruce Campbell could only be an improvement, but I haven't seen the movies yet (haven't gotten to the copies of 2 and Army of Darkness I'm borrowing), so it doesn't bother me as much that it's not him.

    2. This game is ridiculously fun.

    3. I'm apparently not half bad at poker as long as I can manage to be patient.

    4. The Steam version absolutely hates my computer, and while I'd like to get to it eventually for the TF2 items, I'm glad I also have an XBLA copy to play in the meantime. Plus the game probably looks much better on my Xbox than it would on my PC, because, well...

    GqjpyUZ.png


    I don't know if it's because I upgraded my video card (I upgraded it to resolve issues with lag while playing LA Noire), but Poker Night 2 doesn't have issues with lag like Poker Night 1 did. When I got Poker Night 1, it was a stretch to try to even keep the mouse cursor from lagging.

    Yes, Max's voice is different here, but isn't his nose also a different color? I don't know why they did that.

    And I haven't seen any of the Evil Dead movies, but I have seen Bruce Campbell in movies/shows other than Evil Dead, and this voice is obviously not his.

  • Poker Night 2 plus a bit of FTL and trying to do an Evil run on Baldur's Gate Enhanced that doesn't result in the Flaming Fist jumping me every five minutes like it did in the original.

    Also planning a Werewolf: The Apocalypse campaign, do pen and paper RPGs count?

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    Oh, I really wish I could play that now.

    Then again, Max doesn't even get the Falco song right. :)

  • After a day of playing poker night 2 I am not 1/2 a million down...
    I just want that Banjo Sam!
    (sigh)

  • @Darth Marsden said: thomas was alone.

    So much for any productivity I had going on my next review.



    How is it? I only know of it through its composer.

  • @DAISHI said: How is it? I only know of it through its composer.



    It's simply amazing.

    @DAISHI said: I don't know if it's because I upgraded my video card (I upgraded it to resolve issues with lag while playing LA Noire), but Poker Night 2 doesn't have issues with lag like Poker Night 1 did.

    PN2 runs a lot better on the same PC I used to play the first one 2 weeks ago.

Add Comment