User Avatar Image

Not enough dialog. Even after short span of gameplay massive repeats

posted by dubesor on - last edited - Viewed by 418 users

Anyone else? I bought and played barely 1 hour and noticed the huge amounts of repetition in the dialog especially on rattletrap and sam. It really takes out a lot of fun if characters say the exact same dialog over and over again when I barely played 1 hour.

Either they didn't record enough dialog or the algorithm of when to play them is stupid.

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • To me, the single most annoying line, because I've heard it a bazillion times and counting, is GLaDOS's "A smart choice that won't come back and bite you on your ample posterior" or whatever. It was awesome the first time, but do I really have to hear it three hands in a row? (I'm not even kidding.)

• And you can't just skip em like in the first one. 10 hours and 7 of them were painful.

• Although honestly there seems to be less table conversation dialogue, I find that there's actually more dialogue for gameplay responses.

But Poker Night 1 surprised me with new dialogue I've never heard, despite playing it again and again and going through repeats

• @crashblast23 said: Although honestly there seems to be less table conversation dialogue, I find that there's actually more dialogue for gameplay responses.

But Poker Night 1 surprised me with new dialogue I've never heard, despite playing it again and again and going through repeats

Adding the fact that in PN1, they had their conversations in between hands too (any button to continue screen) and yet in PN2 they stay absolutely silent until you click to continue, repeating their dialogue over the course of another hand, delaying the time it takes to get through one even further.

• Some lines are just very common. I still experience a few new lines every day though. The ample posterior one and clap traps dubsteps are by far the most annoying. I could listen to Brock say: "All f***in in." and Sams: "Great day in the morning!" all day.

• Brock's "All f***in' in" is total classic, yeah. lol

• oh clappy's 'really'

brocks ' big mistake jnr/ welcome to the party'

anyone else feel the all in reactions are lame ?

• Not all of them, but they can get annoying when repeated quickly. Sometimes they lead to humorously contradictory moments. For example, Brock said "Biiiiig mistake, junior" to me, then immediately said, "Wooo, nice!" to Ash who also went all in.

Add Comment