User Avatar Image

Why all are hate Larry?

posted by Pro_Spammer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Someone should stepping up to struggle against Larry's haters.

Like everyone else I was hate Larry after playing first episode but second episode changes my mind!, Would you like to know why? Ok then I'll tell you :D

Did anyone notice how happy he was in the dairy? He was happy and trying to not be an as* in dairy, and it tease me when I thinking about how happy he was and how awful Kenny smash his head

Beside that I've really really really loved his last conversation with Lee

Lee: Guss your new girl friend wasn't all she was cracked up to be.
Larry: What the hell is your problem?
Larry: You refused to give me my day's rations back at the motor lodge
Larry: And you were out of your way to be an as*hole to me tonight
Larry: You must really hate me.

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Larry's an asshole. He hates anyone who isn't related to him, with the exception of those "nice folks" that turned out to be cannibals. Hoo boy. I can understand not trusting Lee, I wouldn't either in his place, but he's a straight up jerkass toward everyone else.

    "Hey, little boy, before you eat your mommy, you get to see your dad get his nose broken!" That's Larry tormenting Duck. He also cals him a "snot nosed toddler" right in front of him and his parents. The man is practically torturing a 10 year old child, right in front of his parents to boot. That's what made me hate Larry. Seems kind of hard to justify putting a child through that.

  • @o0HeaDShoT0o said: I think of him simply as a grade A motherfucking asshole.


    Well, I was too timid to go there, but.... yeah! Pretty much!

  • He's an a hole but I respect him and decisons regarding lee

  • @Mornai said: Well, regardless of whether laws exist anymore or not, you can pretty much guarantee you'll be thrown out of nearly every group you come into contact with if you just kill people left and right. It's understandable if you have a good reason, but just because you think you have a good reason, doesn't mean anyone else does. You may as well join the bandits.

    I'm betting Larry didn't kill Duck in the drugstore for the same reason as Lee, to save face. Everyone(excepting maybe Lilly)'s opinion of Larry would no doubt drop to an extreme low if he smashed a child's head in without checking to see if was actually bitten, so he made the smart choice and tried to get rid of him through reason.

    I didn't hear an answer as to how you objectively define murder. If you define it as simply killing somebody without "good reason" (which is meaningless, since it's subjective as all hell), damn near everyone in the group qualifies. Kenny kills Larry (potentially with Lee's help), Lee himself potentially kills a defenseless Andy and/or Danny, either stands by and allows a woman to get eaten (or shoots her himself, which is ironically the "good" act of the two choices), shoots a fleeing bandit, etc.

    Don't get misunderstand, I'm not saying that any of those are necessarily wrong; fact is though, by comparison, Larry's hands are pretty damn bloodless. Hell, he even balks at the idea of taking the dairy by force (even if he was mistaken about the St. Johns being "good people"). Despite being Lee's staunchest supporter, even Carley basically says that Lee's past could cause problems with the group and doesn't even suggest mentioning it until after he's been with the group for literally months.

  • User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

    So apparently now killers are character of the year if they're sweet about it and therefore gain instant justification. We'll say they don't, but we'll all secretly think so and love them even more!

  • @Rommel49 said: I didn't hear an answer as to how you objectively define murder. If you define it as simply killing somebody without "good reason" (which is meaningless, since it's subjective as all hell), damn near everyone in the group qualifies. Kenny kills Larry (potentially with Lee's help), Lee himself potentially kills a defenseless Andy and/or Danny, either stands by and allows a woman to get eaten (or shoots her himself, which is ironically the "good" act of the two choices), shoots a fleeing bandit, etc.

    Don't get misunderstand, I'm not saying that any of those are necessarily wrong; fact is though, by comparison, Larry's hands are pretty damn bloodless. Hell, he even balks at the idea of taking the dairy by force (even if he was mistaken about the St. Johns being "good people"). Despite being Lee's staunchest supporter, even Carley basically says that Lee's past could cause problems with the group and doesn't even suggest mentioning it until after he's been with the group for literally months.

    Indeed, it's all up to the individual. If the majority of people in your group decide that your murder was unjustified or unreasonable, you're in trouble, regardless of what you personally think.

    I think most of the group in episode 1(or 2) would have gone against Larry if he killed Lee or Duck, even if Larry(and Lilly) thought it was justified. Admittedly most of the group doesn't know about Lee's past during the first episode, but in the second I bet most of the group would side with Lee even after knowing about his past.

    How i define murder, is simply when you kill someone. If it's necessary to stop an enemy from harming the group, so be it. If the rest of the group disagrees with me and throws me to the curb...so be it.

  • I only wish I could have told kenny to hold lily while I caved his head in myself.

  • @Mornai said: Indeed, it's all up to the individual. If the majority of people in your group decide that your murder was unjustified or unreasonable, you're in trouble, regardless of what you personally think.

    I think most of the group in episode 1(or 2) would have gone against Larry if he killed Lee or Duck, even if Larry(and Lilly) thought it was justified. Admittedly most of the group doesn't know about Lee's past during the first episode, but in the second I bet most of the group would side with Lee even after knowing about his past.

    How i define murder, is simply when you kill someone. If it's necessary to stop an enemy from harming the group, so be it. If the rest of the group disagrees with me and throws me to the curb...so be it.

    Appeal to popularity, you're basically arguing for might makes right. That's hardly a moral (or logically coherent) stance to take. Particularly since it provides an incentive to just copycat any number of dictators throughout history and simply kill the people who disagree with you whenever it might be convenient, afterall, the dead don't get a vote (except in U.S. elections).

    Some things are objectively right and wrong; the bandits as a whole didn't seem to disagree with the idea of raping kids, just because the inmates were running the asylum in that case didn't make them right.

    And by your definition, about half of the entire group are murderers. It's ridiculously vague to the point that Kenny, Lilly, Lee, Carley, Doug, and potentially even Clementine all qualify. Katjaa arguably qualifies even though she killed herself (which counts as "someone"). Duck, Chuck, Mark, Christa, Omid, Ben and Larry are the only characters we know of that never killed somebody and atleast one of them (I'm looking at you, Ben) obviously has blood on his hands.

  • Because he sucks, that's why.

  • @Rommel49 said: Appeal to popularity, you're basically arguing for might makes right. That's hardly a moral (or logically coherent) stance to take. Particularly since it provides an incentive to just copycat any number of dictators throughout history and simply kill the people who disagree with you whenever it might be convenient, afterall, the dead don't get a vote (except in U.S. elections).

    Some things are objectively right and wrong; the bandits as a whole didn't seem to disagree with the idea of raping kids, just because the inmates were running the asylum in that case didn't make them right.

    And by your definition, about half of the entire group are murderers. It's ridiculously vague to the point that Kenny, Lilly, Lee, Carley, Doug, and potentially even Clementine all qualify. Katjaa arguably qualifies even though she killed herself (which counts as "someone"). Duck, Chuck, Mark, Christa, Omid, Ben and Larry are the only characters we know of that never killed somebody and atleast one of them (I'm looking at you, Ben) obviously has blood on his hands.

    I'm not saying one should bow down to what everyone else thinks, but we're talking about a zombie apocalypse here. You either do what say(barring certain extremes), or risk significantly increased chance of death surviving alone(or until you find a different group). If Ben demanded that Carley/Doug be thrown out of the group because he didn't trust them, and tried to do so forcefully, he'd probably be out on the streets and dead by episode 3.

    And yes, they are all murderers. That doesn't make them bad people, but it's something you may have to do to survive in a widespread apocalyptic event, like it or not.

Add Comment