User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 4.0K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Bioshock Infinite

I have never spent so much of a game smiling with unadulterated glee. Every time I attached my skyhook hand onto a rail to whiz off into the sunset, I couldn't help but start grinning like a madwoman. Because this game is fun. I almost had forgotten what it was like to play a game for fun, where you don't have a checklist of things you have to do to get the "good" ending or all the collectables and plot points. I'd forgotten what it was like to not be restrained into automatically being stuck behind bits of rubble every time you move up to them, or not being able to jump around like a loon in the middle of combat.

That, combined with an amazingly twisty plot and an ending that I was only able to figure out two hours before it happened, make this probably my favorite game I've played this year.

The only part I didn't like was the tower defense part at the end. I went through it twice, lost horribly both times and then caved and knocked down the difficulty a notch because I'm not made of time. However, I am moderately pleased that I got through the rest of the game alright.

• @Chyron8472 said: The Walking Dead - 8/10

It's sad. It's gross. Its theme doesn't fit with my usual taste.

But it's good. It's a very good game. I don't mind if TTG wants to make more games like this.

Man, I only watched a playthrough and the ending had me tearing up.:(

• Red Dead Revolver 10/10

Decided to play through again. Still a great game.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Duke Nukem 3D - 9/10

Still fun after all these years.

• @Darth Marsden said: Duke Nukem 3D - 9/10

Still fun after all these years.

I still have it on my laptop (WinXP) and yep, I still love it. I played it for the first time when I was around six years old xD I even memorized some of my favourite levels (I know that sounds weird)

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Nothing weird about that - I still remember the first couple of levels rather vividly.

• Lucious 3/10

Some people might call it a good game but for me it's like Farming Simulator for a farmer.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Duke Nukem 3D Caribbean: Life's a Beach - 7/10

All fun until the last level which is a frustrating maze of switches and spawning enemies who fire rockets and can kill you before you realize they're there. Not fun when that happens. But yeah, it's a lot of fun.

• Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne 9/10

Out of all three of the games, this is the only one I will give one less than 10 simply because it rehashed the gameplay from Max Payne and I thought that the character of Mona Sax made Max look even weaker than he already was. Besides that, awesome game.

• User Avatar Image
    N7.

The Walking Dead 11/10
    The Walking Dead Survival Instinct 2/10

Add Comment