User Avatar Image

Win a showdown with only a high card

posted by Andreaa on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users

Hello, i am on the last bounty of the game, Win a showdown with only a high card, but it's almost impossible to complete, been trying it for 5 hours and no success, any tips ?

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • There is just no way to win a showdown with only a high card. Especially because 3 flops in a row when I had like, an Ace, all had pairs. And then I had the ace of clubs come up two flops in a row. Can you really get all the bounties without having to do this one though?

• @Kimouru said: There is just no way to win a showdown with only a high card. Especially because 3 flops in a row when I had like, an Ace, all had pairs. And then I had the ace of clubs come up two flops in a row. Can you really get all the bounties without having to do this one though?

No idea, i wonder how Telltale devs came up with that idea :(

• I've won like ten showdowns with high cards in this game. So it's definitely doable... just out of your control.

Look at it this way: at least it's not as bad as the requirement to get a straight flush for an achievement in the first game. I have some ninety hours logged in the first game on Steam and STILL lack that achievement.

• @Kyronea said: I've won like ten showdowns with high cards in this game. So it's definitely doable... just out of your control.

Look at it this way: at least it's not as bad as the requirement to get a straight flush for an achievement in the first game. I have some ninety hours logged in the first game on Steam and STILL lack that achievement.

Everyone tells me it sounds so easy, but they don't realize that it doesn't mean win a hand with a high kicker. They assume it means that you have to win by like both of you having say a pair of tens and you have the better kicker, when it really means that you have to not get a single pair, straight, flush, anything for an entire hand, often between more than just you and a single AI.

• @Kimouru said: Everyone tells me it sounds so easy, but they don't realize that it doesn't mean win a hand with a high kicker. They assume it means that you have to win by like both of you having say a pair of tens and you have the better kicker, when it really means that you have to not get a single pair, straight, flush, anything for an entire hand, often between more than just you and a single AI.

I know what high card is. And that's exactly what I was talking about. I've had it happen to me a number of times. Believe me, I sympathize, because it's definitely out of your control... but it's not impossible by any means.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@der_ketzer said: The problem is that the challenges are actually random. I never had this one.:(

You sure they're random? I've seen a lot of people talk about that high card challenge on their last bounty wheel trio.

• @Profanity said: You sure they're random? I've seen a lot of people talk about that high card challenge on their last bounty wheel trio.

They are. I didn't see that challenge on mine. Mine was "buy everyone a drink at once," "get second or better place in two consecutive tournaments," and "steal a pot on the river."

• @Kyronea said: I've won like ten showdowns with high cards in this game. So it's definitely doable... just out of your control.

It's true, it is out of our control but not impossible. Just keep hacking at it:D

• @Profanity said: You sure they're random? I've seen a lot of people talk about that high card challenge on their last bounty wheel trio.

They come at different times, but in the end it's safe to assume 90% of times you get that that challenge, a friend got it as his first challenge.

• I've won a number of showdowns with only a high card as well. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten that challenge yet. I'm sure once I do, I'll never be able to do it again. :p

Add Comment