User Avatar Image

Sam's Nose

posted by dankirk on - last edited - Viewed by 986 users

What is the white mark on Sam's nose? It looks like chalk.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So what about the brown/see-through shine or whatever that is on Sam's eyes? Did it just look too weird in 3D?

• You mean the quotation mark eyes? I think it would be too weird.

• That's okay because sam doesn't always have quotation mark eyes, especially in Steve's later art.

I love their new painterly look.

• @Jake said: You mean the quotation mark eyes? I think it would be too weird.

Might be worth trying as a shine effect that doesn't go lighter than brown.

I think the zig-zag shine painted onto his hat is awesome, and it'd be interesting to see that interpreted as a dynamic shine map

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

It's called a highlight. ;)

• I want to see more comparisons.

1. Black and White Purcell Drawing
    2. Colored Purcell Drawing
    3. Hit the Road
    4 Unreleased "Freelance Police" Game
    5. Telltale Season 1
    6. The Devil's Playhouse
    7. Poker Night 2

And let's not forget that Max has been updated as well. We could also look at his comparisons.

• @Ryu-Chan said: And let's not forget that Max has been updated as well. We could also look at his comparisons.

I have to admit, aside from colors (and that may just be because of The Inventory's lighting in this game) I haven't noticed much difference in Max's model so I'd love to see a comparison. I do remember him getting a big model update in The Devil's Playhouse though.

I love the new Sam. From the pointy shoulders to the painted highlights, he looks the closest to Purcell's drawings that Telltale's ever gotten him.

• @Ryu-Chan said: I want to see more comparisons.

1. Black and White Purcell Drawing
    2. Colored Purcell Drawing
    3. Hit the Road
    4 Unreleased "Freelance Police" Game
    5. Telltale Season 1
    6. The Devil's Playhouse
    7. Poker Night 2

And let's not forget that Max has been updated as well. We could also look at his comparisons.

Ditching class, so I had the time to dig all these up. (I'm a bad student, kids; don't follow my example.)

For Purcell's art, I tried to find drawings in his current style, since Sam and Max look dramatically different than they did in the earlier comics (especially Sam). I also threw in the cartoon from the 90s and made sure Max was in every picture so we can compare him too.

1. Black & White Purcell Drawing:
    sam-max-statues-on-the-way-20080201045122. Colored Purcell drawing:
    SamAndMax_Complete_early.jpg3. Hit the Road:
    sam-and-max.jpg4. The Adventures of Sam & Max: Freelance Police:
    SamMaxStillcap1.jpg5. Unreleased "Freelance Police" Game:
    sam_790screen002.jpg6. Sam & Max Save the World / Sam & Max Beyond and Space:
    633638355614347764.jpg7. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse:
    sm301_sam_and_max.jpg8. Poker Night 2:
    poker-night-2-sam-max_1024.0_cinema_640.

• Max is actually Season 3 Max. He didn't get touched. He may have had his texture updated, like Skunkape and Winslow, but his actual shape is identical to Devil's Playhouse Max.

For Sam we're looking at stuff like:

SM_NewYear.jpg

and

SM_25.jpg

Add Comment