User Avatar Image

Not enough dialog. Even after short span of gameplay massive repeats

posted by dubesor on - last edited - Viewed by 289 users

Anyone else? I bought and played barely 1 hour and noticed the huge amounts of repetition in the dialog especially on rattletrap and sam. It really takes out a lot of fun if characters say the exact same dialog over and over again when I barely played 1 hour.

Either they didn't record enough dialog or the algorithm of when to play them is stupid.

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Has anyone used the telltale extractor to see how much dialog is actually in the game? I'd like to know if it is just because of bad luck/the dialog is spaced between themes, or if it is because there isn't as much dialog this time around.

• I believe there's actually way more dialog this time.

• @Jake said: I believe there's actually way more dialog this time.

So this is simply a case of too many repeats of the simpler conversations, right?

I heard the dubstep joke from Claptrap like, 50 times already.

• @Jake said: I believe there's actually way more dialog this time.

Hmm. Maybe it is because there is more situational dialoge then this time around. I've actually noticed one conversation change based on how well Brock was doing(The one about his high stakes poker games. If he is doing poorly sam would say he'd be out of fingers by now while if he was doing good, Sam'd say he'd be full of smooches.)

• @crashblast23 said: I heard the dubstep joke from Claptrap like, 50 times already.

I heard it only once in 10 hours of playtime.

• I think it just seems that way. I've gotten a lot of repeated dialogue but also many, many conversations that I've only heard once (such as Claptrap dub stepping and Sam asking Brock about the number of fingers he has). I think Gman is right. Much of the dialogue this time is situational, so you'll hear it rarely. That means you'll hear the general conversations more often.

There are also a lot more four person and three person conversations (I remember PN1 being all one on one conversations) so that's a whole category of dialogue options that gets eliminated every time somebody gets knocked out of the game.

So perhaps it's that there's more total dialogue but less "plays at any time" dialogue and that's why we're hearing repeats so often.

• @der_ketzer said: I heard it only once in 10 hours of playtime.

Same. Looks like it's all just bad luck that we hear the same remarks over and over. There's a few I hear constantly, that weren't mentioned here.

• @Johro said: Same. Looks like it's all just bad luck that we hear the same remarks over and over. There's a few I hear constantly, that weren't mentioned here.

Maybe we play the wrong sets?

• @Magic Emperor said: Not all of them, but they can get annoying when repeated quickly. Sometimes they lead to humorously contradictory moments. For example, Brock said "Biiiiig mistake, junior" to me, then immediately said, "Wooo, nice!" to Ash who also went all in.

Yeah Brock's "Pussy says what!?" when I fold, followed by Brock folding literally moments later is always silly.

Add Comment