User Avatar Image

What if Clementine becomes a ruthless killer no matter what ?

posted by master psychic on - last edited - Viewed by 567 users

Clementine saw many traumatising things at this point including seeing her parents and having to shoot/leave Lee and i think she is going to snap and pretty much become a monster like Carl and might turn on the new group no matter what we did as Lee .
I don't think our actions of sparing the St Johns , not stealing from the car , bringing her to Crawford , Killing the Stranger are gonna change Clementine's fate because i can't see her in season 2 ( if she really appears ) having a clear mind and become like Lee because Lee's action of not stealing from the car din't stop Campman from stealing Clementine , Lilly kills Carley/Doug even if we try to revive Larry . I'm afraid that Clementine might become a psychopatic killer and deciding that Lee's words don't matter and that only being ruthless will help her survive in this world and the new protagonist will have to take her out for the good of the group and it will be very painful for us .
So do you guys think that Clem will follow Lee's foot steps or become a killer no matter what ?

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well if you been a real asshole like killing Larry,dropping Ben,stealing from the car,killing St.Johns brothers in front of her,she will not care anymore,she will do anything about surviving,but if Lee didn't do any of this she s not gonna be killer,she will still have some hope,so i think she gonna follow Lee's foot steps

• It wont happen. Even after all this she just seems to say "I... I..." after killing a man. It would be out of character.

• Yeah, she was very disturbed after shooting the stranger, probably she even felt remource despite his actions, I think that girl sees the best in people.

And after losing Lee, her protector, her father-figure since the outbreak, she'll probably hang onto his words, trying to follow them as best as she can. It was him who did everything right in terms of protecting her, so she might figure his knowledge, that he shared with her is going to keep her safe.

But if, she becomes a cold, ruthless killer, even if I don't really believe there is any way in hell that'd happen, we'll have a word. She and the new PC. I'm not going to let her run around whack people for no, or shitty reasons like a certain person that killed Carley.
    Not.
    Going.
    To.
    Happen.

• Depends on what kind of people take care of her next. She ain't gonna cling to Lee and his ways forever, way too young for that.

• I wouldn't want this to happen to Clem, but if it does, I think it would make for a nice plot twist.

• @sQOrPION said: Well if you been a real asshole like killing Larry,dropping Ben,stealing from the car,killing St.Johns brothers in front of her,she will not care anymore,she will do anything about surviving,but if Lee didn't do any of this she s not gonna be killer,she will still have some hope,so i think she gonna follow Lee's foot steps

I did a blend of those things.

My Clementine will speak softly and carry a big stick.

• @Shrewsbury Survivor said: It wont happen. Even after all this she just seems to say "I... I..." after killing a man. It would be out of character.

There's a difference between seeing and doing. Seeing somebody die isn't quite the same as killing them yourself (particularly for the first time) and she's already capable of crossing that threshold. Doing it again becomes easier, not harder, especially depending on what tricks you use to rationalize it.

• While I wouldn't want this to happen, it'd be cool if Clem sort of "becomes" comic Carl based on the decision if she shot Lee at the end of season 1.

If she didn't, she'd probably retain her innocence. Which is what I did. I told Clem to leave Lee, hoping for her to keep her innocence.

If Clem becomes cold-blooded in season 2 regardless of our choices or outcomes, I'm going to be pissed.

• I did most of those things, but always told Clementine Do as I say, not as I do." I made those hard choices for the survival of the group so she wouldn't have to. I'd like to think she follows that advice, instead of my example.

• She'll almost certainly be a little more jaded for what she's seen, being the sole survivor a group will play havoc with her head and that's before we even get into to Lee/Her parents.

I agree though that they'll probably be a "what would Lee have done" mentality, but i don't see anything wrong in my example, despite it containing a lot of the "cold" things people list. I gave everyone i met throughout the game a chance, those who take i would do anything to defend. Those who spit it back in my face/ hurt my friends can meet a pitchfork or take a long tumble from a Bell tower.

Without Lee, Clementine is going to need to step up to the plate and make those decisions for herself. I do worry a bit that she may become a psychopath, but i always tried to tell her that killing was fundamentally wrong, but sometimes, sadly necessary, i can only hope the message was received.

Add Comment