User Avatar Image

Win a showdown with only a high card

posted by Andreaa on - last edited - Viewed by 4.2K users

Hello, i am on the last bounty of the game, Win a showdown with only a high card, but it's almost impossible to complete, been trying it for 5 hours and no success, any tips ?

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: I've won a number of showdowns with only a high card as well. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten that challenge yet. I'm sure once I do, I'll never be able to do it again. :p

Not everyone will get that challenge. Speaking of my personal playing experience.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: I've won a number of showdowns with only a high card as well. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten that challenge yet. I'm sure once I do, I'll never be able to do it again. :p

High chance it's going to happen that :x.

@BlankCanvasDJ said: Not everyone will get that challenge. Speaking of my personal playing experience.

Damn you lol, wish i had your luck.

• @Kyronea said: They are. I didn't see that challenge on mine. Mine was "buy everyone a drink at once," "get second or better place in two consecutive tournaments," and "steal a pot on the river."

And mine were "Win a Tourney without going below $10,000" "Buy 4 drinks in one Tourney" and "Deploy a Portal Table item."

• I don't think it's fair if some people just don't have to do it. :P I've been working on this one luck-based challenge for 8 hours while someone else got really easy stuff? Just a little annoying.
    Edit: As a side note, if you get this challenge, ignore it until you beat the one for getting a ton of cash. I went from about $500k winnings, to a $100k loss trying to do this, because I'm forced to play every terrible hand I have that has nothing but a high card, which often ends up with me losing everything.

• @Kimouru said: because I'm forced to play every terrible hand I have that has nothing but a high card, which often ends up with me losing everything.

Then don't play every terrible hand with nothing but a high card. Play normally. Sooner or later you'll get a strong ace- or king-high hand where you'll want to shove all-in before the flop whether you were pursuing a challenge or not.

• I gotta agree with those who don't like that specific bounty challenge when it comes to that challenge (duh.)

Usually when people are good in some specific thing like Poker, they don't want to have challenge which rubs to their face "you need to play badly to win this challenge."

• Well the thing about the challenge is, you pretty much WANT to fold if you get even a pair. I had a pair in the flop for about 4-5 flops in a row, which instantly negates the bounty challenge. The last 6 hands I've had an ace, there was a pair in the flop. Every time, I counted.

• @Kimouru said: I don't think it's fair if some people just don't have to do it. :P I've been working on this one luck-based challenge for 8 hours while someone else got really easy stuff? Just a little annoying.

I get your frustration, but it's randomly chosen. It's the definition of fair.

• Isn't that what Two-Face said in The Dark Knight?

• Eh, it could be worse. There could be a "Get a Royal Flush" requirement.

Add Comment