User Avatar Image

Theme Poker Room Intros - Which is your favorite?

posted by Zeek on - last edited - Viewed by 555 users

To trigger these, you need to deploy a set during the first hand of a new tournament, preferably when it is your turn.

The first time you do it, you are introduced to the House Rule that explains why The Inventory changes, but the second time, you get setting specific introductions.

So far, my favorite is the Aperture room's intro, especially since GlaDOS points out that the player has no idea what they've done now that she has access to bring turrets and portals into play.

Second would have to go to the Boarderlands room, but only because of Brock's line of how it looks like "a strip club with explosives.":D

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Steve is definitely the highlight of the game and would have made much funnier dialogue than Skankrat.

(yes I'm joking)

I'm really torn between Borderlands and Portal for favourite room layout.
    But I guess nothing beats the takeout in the Evil dead rooms even if I got Ash 3 times in 3 games.

• Are any of the intros other than Boarderlands or Portal supposed to have dialogue? All I get is a camera pan through the environment for the others.

• @der_ketzer said:
    But I guess nothing beats the takeout in the Evil dead rooms even if I got Ash 3 times in 3 games.

I just got that as well! It is indeed awesome. I'm going to stick around in that room until I see how the other three exit, similar to what I did with Dr. Venture's teleporter just to see where everyone ended up.:D

@der_ketzer said: Are any of the intros other than Boarderlands or Portal supposed to have dialogue? All I get is a camera pan through the environment for the others.

All of the ones I did had dialogue when I deployed them the first time. After that, they do camera pans.

• only got borderlands so far i love it when steve shoots at brock..

• @Zeek said: All of the ones I did had dialogue when I deployed them the first time. After that, they do camera pans.

Hmm... I guess since I deployed the other themes for the first time between tournaments they're never going to trigger for me. Which is kind of lame.

What happens in them?

• i did lol at the army of darkness theme when people bust out and the player wins

portal theme needs better music...

working on venture and s & m now

• @thesporkman said: Hmm... I guess since I deployed the other themes for the first time between tournaments they're never going to trigger for me. Which is kind of lame.

What happens in them?

You can still trigger them. You just have to switch to another theme when it's your turn in the first hand of a new tournament. You then have to do another new tournament to do more triggering of intros.

• @Kyronea said: You can still trigger them. You just have to switch to another theme when it's your turn in the first hand of a new tournament. You then have to do another new tournament to do more triggering of intros.

this

Add Comment