User Avatar Image

Poker Night 3 - Fantasy Casting Thread

posted by BrianBoyko on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users

Howdy. Just thought there might be some interesting places to mine for characters for Poker Night 3.

For example: Farscape. You could get the licence from Channel 9, it's famous enough to be known, obscure enough that the licence is available. Scorpius, Rygel, & Chiana, I think, would make the best choice of players.

From the Valve stable, I'm thinking Dr. Kleiner.

From Adult Swim/Williams St: Nathan Explosion, Master Shake, Cheryl Tunt (from Archer), BraK.

Miscellaneous: Pearl Forrester or Tom Servo from MST3K, Dark Helmet from Spaceballs... Elvira...

and finally...

Tommy Wiseau. As himself.

148 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh boy. Now we have FOUR of these threads.

In any case, everyone unanimously agrees that Archer should be in it.

• Only under the condition that his mother makes a cameo appearance.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Ryu-Chan said: Oh boy. Now we have FOUR of these threads.

In any case, everyone unanimously agrees that Archer should be in it.

Not any more, we don't!

Really should have kept a better eye on that. Oops.

And since I know I posted it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it, I'll repost it now:

Sam Fisher
    Nathan Drake
    Lara Croft
    Guybrush Threepwood

...with Duke Nukem as the dealer.

• Here is something that a lot of posts forget: The characters need to be hilarious. Some people have suggested Clementine(The Walking Dead). She is a good character but you would not want to hear her talk about losing her family in a poker game. You also need people from the four branches of media: TV, Film, Comics, Video Game. This is something that Claptrap brought up. So here is my list.

Bender(Futurama)/TV
    Wheatley(Portal 2)/Video Games
    Dr. Brown(Back to the Future)/Film
    Invincible(Invincible comic series from Image comics)/Comics

All of these characters are funny. You can easily get the rights for the last three. Bender maybe more difficult since Futurama was recently cancelled again.

• Characters don't HAVE to be funny on their own merits, they just need to have personalities that mesh to form hilarious results, see Ash, who barely is a funny character in his own right, but with characters like Max and Claptrap to counter his cool guy demeanor, it's hilarious.

Also, since usually there's a Valve-game character in every Poker Night game, I'd like to see a Left 4 Dead character in the next game, maybe Ellis, since there has yet to be a country bumpkin-type character.

In terms of other characters, I think both Sam & Max at the same time as one player would be funny in its own way, sort of a "Sam & Max MUST BE IN THE GAME" thing.

Then there's the other two characters. Honestly, I don't think my tastes are varied enough to decide on two characters that'd be good candidates, though perhaps Pickles or another character from Metalocalypse (because TF2-Adult Swim deal) might be interesting.

Oh yeah, there is that almost dead game SMNC, which has a lot of good characters for a Poker game, such as Karl.

• Bender/Fry (Futurama)
    Doc (BTTF)
    The Mask
    The Spy
    Dealer: Wheatley

An idea for some dialogue.

Bender:Hey what the crap are you doing buddy?!
    Doc:I'm curious, when were you built,what are your specs?
    Bender:I'm a bending unit!
    Doc:Maybe i could take you apart? See how you are built?
    Bender:What!? You can bite my shiny metal ass! You are not taking me apart!

An idea for a intro
    (The Player walks into the inventory and sees Brock)
    Brock:Hey again buddy, as you can see i had to teach the guy who beat me in Poker a lesson. Sorry buddy you are not in my game tonight, I think you are down the hall a bit.
    (Winslow walks out of the door)
    Winslow:Ah hello again, Another night at the Inventory eh? You've become a regular here my friend. If you follow me i will show you to your table.
    (Winslow walks the player to the table where Doc has already taken his seat and is playing around with an invention)
    Doc:Oh hello there, i was just working on my latest invention,It is my mind reading helmet 2.0.
    Winslow:Sorry Mr.Brown no mind reading helmets are allowed in game.
    (The Spy suddenly turns visible and walks up to the table)
    The Spy:Ah more players, please take a seat gentlemen.
    (Suddenly a small green tornado is seen and The Mask comes out of it and takes his seat)
    The Mask:A game of poker? Somebody stop me!
    (Suddenly Bender smashes through the roof after a failed teleporter invention The Professor wanted Bender to test)
    Bender:I'm back baby! Let's get this game started!
    GLaDOS:I can't be your dealer tonight as i am doing dealer for Brock and the others but just for a special test to see the effects of overexposed annoyance so Weatley will be your dealer tonight...have fun.
    Weatley:Oh hello! So are we playing cards are we?

Bounty ideas:
    Bender:Fry's jacket he took from Fry (Unlocks: TF2-Bender's eyes as goggles, The top of Bender's head has a Hat (All classes). Bolderlands 2-Bender mask)
    Doc:Mind Reading Helmet (Unlocks: TF2-Doc hair wig (All classes), Skateboard Melee weapon (All classes except Spy), Bolderlands 2-Mind reading helmet)
    The Mask-An Fake Mask (Unlocks:TF2-(For The Spy) A yellow suit, A green Mask. (ForAll classes) A yellow hat, Bolderlands 2-The Mask
    The Spy:Disguise Kit (Unlocks-Ski mask for All classes except Spy, Agent Spy-Gives The Spy sunglasses and a black suit, Bolderlands 2:Ski Mask)
    Wheatley:One of the Cube/Turret things from Portal 2, (Unlocks:TF2-Ap-Sap,Wheatley mask, Bolderlands 2-Wheatley mask)

• We need Dan from Dan Vs. in Poker Night 3. He'd be a PERFECT fit, no joke.

• I made an account just to find this thread or some way to make such a suggestion, an obscure, little known one that unsurprisingly has not been brought to light yet.

Hoagie. From Day of the Tentacle.

And on that topic, Telltale, please buy the rights and bring back this great adventure, much as you revived the doomed Sam & Max.

• Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
    Little Sister (BioShock)
    Harvey Birdman (Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law)
    Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw)

Yes, that'll do nicely.

• I really think that Guybrush Threepwood, Razputin, Bender and Dave Lister would be a pretty neat combination. On a default game, we'll have a dealer from a fifth IP (who it will be I don't really know yet). But for the respective poker set unlocks, the dealers would be: Winslow (for a Monkey Island set), Sasha Nein (for a Psychonauts set), Hermes/Farnsworth (for a Futurama set) and Holly (for a Red Dwarf set).

At least I think this would work out...

Add Comment