User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 44K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A closer look at the actual discs in the above picture reveals what I THINK is the following written on them:

DISC I: The Tenth Planet / The War Games (Episodes ? to ?)
    DISC II: The War Games (Episodes ? to ?)
    DISC III: Planet of the Spiders (Episodes ? to ?)
    DISC IV: Logopolis / The Caves of Androzani
    DISC V: Time & The Rani / Doctor Who: The Movie
    DISC VI: Bad Wolf / The Parting of the Ways / The End of Time (Parts I & II)

So it appears to be all the episodes, but no special features.

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... seriously, is this the dullest series of "Doctor Who" ever?!!

(Obviously, the 50th Anniversary villains are going to turn out to be the Akkers....)

• I dunno. I saw one book in there that I think everyone here would kill to get their hands on.

• He wasn't wearing his seatbelt and got thrown clear.

• Honestly, That was a brilliant episode, but it appears to be a very mixed episode, people either hate it or love it, for me that was one of THE best in all of Series 7.

• @Ash735 said: Honestly, That was a brilliant episode, but it appears to be a very mixed episode, people either hate it or love it, for me that was one of THE best in all of Series 7.

No, it has an approximate bell curve peaking at around an 8/10 (so par for the course with regards to how Who goes down more often that).

Akhaten on the other hand had the most uniform distribution I've ever seen.

Next week may be the return of the Kandyman.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I thought it was a great episode. It's my favorite of the second half of series 7 so far, right along with last week's. :)

@Friar said: I couldn't figure out how The doctor ended up outside of the Tardis in the first place.

They were showing behind the scenes clips during commercial breaks on BBC America that pretty much explained this. Clara is the first companion that the TARDIS straight up doesn't like (and is actually jealous of her, because she feels a female companion is not what the Doctor needs at this moment in time). The TARDIS threw the Doctor clear of the danger of the time frozen exploding engine. The TARDIS left Clara in danger because she didn't care about her.

• @Jennifer said:

They were showing behind the scenes clips during commercial breaks on BBC America that pretty much explained this. Clara is the first companion that the TARDIS straight up doesn't like. The TARDIS threw the Doctor clear of the danger of the time frozen exploding engine. The TARDIS left Clara in danger because she didn't care about her.

There must be something really bad about her...The TARDIS put up with Peri for god sake!

• And Peri was pretty much single-handedly responsible for the Fifth Doctor's death.

I don't see this boding well...

Add Comment