User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 201K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay, so, yesterday was the abdication of our former queen and the corronation of our new king. Was cool. I liked that collab thing with Armin van Buuren and that orchestra at the end. It was awexome.

• @Darth Marsden said: It's OK, I converted the clip I needed in Windows Movie Maker and got Vegas to read that. Phew.

And to be honest, I'm just grabbing video off the net, since I can't remember where I put my DVD (that I swear to whatever deity you so choose I own).

Vegas?

VEGAS?

VEGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAS!?

Bso.gif

Sir, I say NO.

Final Cut Pro, BITCHES.

• @Secret Fawful said: Vegas?

VEGAS?

VEGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAS!?

Bso.gif

Sir, I say NO.

Final Cut Pro, BITCHES.

lol paying for overpriced hardware.

• @DAISHI said: lol paying for overpriced hardware.

Did you know you can't spell Sony Vegass without spelling Gas, or Ass.

Enjoy that worthless software. It sure seems to be working out for Darth pretty well so far.

• @GaryCXJk said: Okay, so, yesterday was the abdication of our former queen and the corronation of our new king. Was cool. I liked that collab thing with Armin van Buuren and that orchestra at the end. It was awexome.

I wish i watched the coronation. I watched the abdication, but I was working so I missed the actual ceremony, which is a shame as I love watching history unfold. I'll have to try and track down a video of the ceremony later.

• I was all on-board with Sony Vegas, until I actually tried to make the video, at which point it sent me into a murderous frenzy by constantly crashing at the 21% mark for absolutely no reason. The one time it DID compile, all it produced was 35 minutes of a black screen.

I did eventually get it to work though - with higher settings that mean the video is 1.8GBs.

The limits of my anger know no bounds.

Anyway. The solution was to upload that 1.8GB file to YouTube (who promptly blocked it because of copyrighted material, which I completely expected because YouTube is fucking useless) and then just use VideoDownloader to grab the processed YouTube video - now a much more sensible 132 MBs - and upload that to Blip.

So much for Sony Vegas!

So... Final Cut Pro? Might give that one a try next. I do have a documentary-style video in the works that'd be a good way of testing it...

• You could have just used VirtualDub or FFMPEG to resize the video. I often use FFMPEG to do such things.

• I could have, yes. But my anger clouded my judgement.

• I've made my decision and so in September I'll be attending Goldsmiths, University of London.

• My Pokemon is evolving!

tumblr_maefsw54A51qh59n0o1_500.gif

This discussion has been closed.