User Avatar Image

Zyzobia?

posted by Script-br on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Sorry if I'm just uninformed (I haven't played S&M Season 3 yet, unfortunately), but what the hell is Zyzobia? It comes up more than one time in Poker Night 2 (Sam brings it up, then Brocks brings it up again in another conversation), and I've tried searching on Google and on here but I get no results whatsoever. I also haven't seen anyone talking about it.

So if someone could kill my ignorance, please tell me what's this Zyzobia stuff, if it means anything at all. I'm really curious.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Whatever it is, it's not an S&M Season 3 thing.

• @furrykef said: Whatever it is, it's not an S&M Season 3 thing.

Maybe it's a hint for the plot of the next Sam and Max season? From what I recall, the conversation is about how Max is the chosen one and he will destroy everything, something along those lines. According to Sam someone I don't recall kept saying that word, and the people who gathered at some location for an annual burning of a Max statue (just a joke) did the same thing in the last event but also chanted the word Zyzobia this time. I really don't get what's going on.

What is most curious is that if you search on Google for Zyzobia, it only appears 1 result, that has nothing to do with anything. If you search for Zyzobia on the Telltale forums or Youtube, it comes up with nothing at all. It's like Telltale Games searched for a word that is never used just to troll us.

• Max being the chosen one to destroy the world was mentioned a lot in season 3. Dunno about Zyzobia though.

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

Zyzobia is...

...the key to an adventure Sam and Max are having between between their evenings at the Inventory. After a number of play sessions, you'll get the full story, as well one for Ash, Brock, and Claptrap.

As to the origin of the word "Zyzobia," and why it's been used to replace another word, I think I'll let that mystery bubble for a few more days.

Mike "All Enigmatic 'N' Stuff" Stemmle

PS Having just looked some stuff on the Internets, I'd be willing to bet that a clever Poker Night Enthusiast can probably figure out the mystery of Sam and Max's Zyzobia Story in about five minutes.

• I tried to be clever and reversed the letters in alphabetical order and got Abalyrz, which means nothing whatsoever it seems.

My only chance will be to just keep playing even though I just hit the big 1 million, I guess!

(p.s. I approve of Artie Flopshark III, Baby Better, you guys were right about 'a legacy' but I still wish someone had demeaning comments about Artie in-game)

• User Avatar Image

I'll say this: If you've heard all five or so chapters of Sam and Max's tale of Zyzobia (you can only hear new chapters in separate play sessions, NOT just separate tournaments), you've heard enough to figure out the mystery of the story. IF you know where to look on the Internet.

Mike "Zyzobia is NOT the key" Stemmle

• Am I the only one who hasn't heard any of these overarching-storyline conversations? I heard two about Brock Samson trying to find his Alien Invasion cards, and that was it.

Is it dependent on themes? (I was using the Venture Bros. theme when those Alien Invasion conversations played.) That said, I've been using the Sam and Max theme most of all (I was trying really hard to hear the Hit the Road theme) and never heard anything about this Zyzobia stuff.

• User Avatar Image

@RAnthonyMahan said: Am I the only one who hasn't heard any of these overarching-storyline conversations? I heard two about Brock Samson trying to find his Alien Invasion cards, and that was it.

Is it dependent on themes? (I was using the Venture Bros. theme when those Alien Invasion conversations played.) That said, I've been using the Sam and Max theme most of all (I was trying really hard to hear the Hit the Road theme) and never heard anything about this Zyzobia stuff.

A few things about the stories...

1) Story chapters will only show up in different play sessions (i.e. turning off the game and starting anew). It's supposed to simulate the feeling of calling it a night, and coming back to the table another night.
    2) New stories won't start until the current one is finished. So, in theory you might plays about 25 times until you hear them all.
    3) The stories tend to put a premium on all the players being at the table. So, if you're playing an aggressive style of game that knocks people out early (even if they're NOT the current storyteller) you may not hear their story in that tournament, 'cause all the folks aren't available.
    4) My memory of the logic is a little hinkey, but you MIGHT be more likely to hear a story in an un-themed tournament, 'cause priority might be placed on the themed banter.

Mike "I like stories" Stemmle

• Hehe, very interesting stuff. I wasn't aware there were more conversations about this Zyzobia story. I'm definitely going to try and see this through. If I discover what this is about I will come back to post here.

• User Avatar Image

No one's figured out Zyzobia yet?

Son, I am disappoint...

Mike "Would've Thought the Giant Penguin Was a Dead Giveaway" Stemmle

Add Comment