1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Between 9 and 11 in the morning for me, which is a massive pain in the arse, since I work in the afternoons/evenings and the mornings are the only real free time I have, so...

But hey, off topic.

• Time to kick off MIND BLOWING MAY on GOG with... Fez. Install the latest version of Excel and give it a shot for $9.99. Uhh... oh, the indie Gem Promo of the week is Avadon: The Black Fortress for $3.99. So, it's real cheap if you didn't already get it during one of the Humble Indie Bundles.

Oh, now THIS is going to be mind blowing. It's contest time, again! GOG has 66 indie games now, and you could win them all! Or you could be one of the eleven people who win 6 indie games!

• And the first mind blowing release of mind blowing May is... Subwar 2050 Complete. Engage in futuristic, first-person sub combat for only $5.99.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Yes... inescapable lameness CAN be "mind blowing".

Well, errr, back to "Risen". :cool:

• @Vainamoinen said: Yes... inescapable lameness CAN be "mind blowing".

Well, errr, back to "Risen". :cool:

I'm less concerned about their definition of "mind blowing", but I'm very concerned that this could easily turn from "Mind Blowing May" into "Inter-May". Subwar is technically owned by Interplay now, and GOG has had 3 mystery games from Interplay in the pipeline since November. Screamer 2 was the first, and this is number 2. It's hard NOT to think that "mind blowing" could just be hype for a bunch of Interplay titles they announced SIX MONTHS AGO.

• It's friday, so it's time for your GOG weekend wrapup. Your weekend deal this week is most of the EA catalogue for 60%. Ultima, Wing Commander, the Bullfrog classics, the only real problem I have is that it's too soon to have this sale, and all of the new stuff they added (Syndicate Wars and the like) are not included. Seriously, GOG, you couldn't have waited another month and given us Activision instead? Ugh, whatever, hopefully Bioforge will hold me over until then.

Also, here's This Week on GOG for a recap and game hint. Your hint is that it's not a classic, but it's a tribute to the classics, and it'd make a nice book.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

The tributes is what we want, not the originals. ;)

"It makes one hell of a book".... errr... good story?? :p

Basilisk's "Eschalon" "books" seem a good guess.

• @Vainamoinen said: The tributes is what we want, not the originals. ;)

"It'd make a nice book".... errr... good story?? :p

Are you hinting that they might be...remakes of something?

• I remember seeing video game deal bins half full of Nox everywhere for about 10-15 bucks or something back when that was dirt cheap. I never picked it up, but I was always a bit curious about it, since they seemed to have overestimated their sales by so much. According to the game card on GOG it's not half bad, so I wonder why it apparently didn't become much of a hit in Norway at the time.

• Uh oh, here we go again. There's a new Omerta DLC pack, The Arms Industry, for $4.99. How many people will "swear off GOG" this time?

Add Comment