User Avatar Image

Poker night 2 cheats outrageously

posted by CrazyGoNuts on - last edited - Viewed by 14.1K users

The odds against what the computer is getting is so astronomical I can only assume it is cheating. I lose every showdown no matter what the odds are - as an example, I went up against one of the computers with a hand that had the same high card and a higher low card, such as

Ace - king

and the computer had

ace - 2

and then on the flop there were two 2's. This happened literally 3 times in a row (not aces and twos every time, but we both had the same high card and I had a better low). Then the very next hand one of the cpus went blind all in before the flop and got a royal flush. I have played poker for many years and I've never seen anyone get a royal flush before, getting it blind is ridiculous. I played one tournament where I lost 9 showdowns in a row where my "chances" were over 75% before the flop.

Why would anyone ever want to play a poker game that cheats? What is wrong with you, telltale?

93 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Everyone knows that if you're losing a hand you can just alt+f4 to quit the game and then when you continue the tournament you're back to where you were before that hand, right?

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Kyronea said: Everyone knows that if you're losing a hand you can just alt+f4 to quit the game and then when you continue the tournament you're back to where you were before that hand, right?

How is that in any way fun? Might as well not play the game.

• @Profanity said: How is that in any way fun? Might as well not play the game.

It's not fun. It was a trick I once abused back in the first game, before realizing that doing that inevitably lead to save game corruption. (The kind that wipes your slate clean and forces you to unlock everything anew.) I abused it because I was too lazy to learn how to actually play well.

I only mentioned it because I checked just to see if it works in the sequel, and it does, and because I know a lot of the people whining about how the game cheats--it most certainly does not--aren't going to be willing to learn how to actually play, so I might as well toss them some kind of bone. Using this they can at least have a solid chance at unlocking bounties and other things.

• @TsengMao said: According to probability, it has a roughly one in 16 quattuordecillion (16 followed by 45 zero's) chance, not sure what your definition of "miraculous" is, but...

My point was if there was already four to a straight flush on the board, then, from that point, two people each holding one of the possible cards to complete it is not miraculous. Pretty unlikely, yes, but it's still only a 52-card deck; it's the same chance as two people hitting different one-outers.

The probability of two people hitting a straight flush counting from before any cards are dealt is probably extremely low, but I have a hard time believing it's 1 in 16 quattuordecillion. Where did you get that number?

@TsengMao said: It's not fun. It was a trick I once abused back in the first game, before realizing that doing that inevitably lead to save game corruption.

You mean "leads" or "led". I'm sorry, I normally don't bother to correct spelling errors, but I've started to see this one everywhere and I'm starting to lose my mind over it. "Pet peeve" doesn't begin to describe it. ^^;;

• Is it possible for some people to consistently be experiencing A.I. issues the rest of us aren't having? Maybe somebody who feels cheated should record an entire game so the rest of us can compare.

• @wellgolly said: Is it possible for some people to consistently be experiencing A.I. issues the rest of us aren't having? Maybe somebody who feels cheated should record an entire game so the rest of us can compare.

Wish I could, but I don't wanna spend a lot of money on one of those gameplay recorders. And recording it with a camera with poor quality is too much of a chore.

• so, im a huge fan of you, telltale. a hugelly hugey hugellay hugeesm hugeay fan of you. i already said im a fan of you? anyways, i do agree with it, after i lost a showdown (me vs. claptrap vs. ash) where they had these cards: (C = Claptrap A=Ash P=Player)
    C = A, Q
    A = A, J
    P = 2, 4 (which is a set i get most of the time o_O)
    I would suggest you to launch a update, if possible, nerfing just a little bit the cpu and adding a difficulty select. i know that it would be hard and maybe boring, but i think everyone DO want it. we want to play poker for fun, not for rages, and even newbies like the most of us, also want to play and try, not only pros. thank you, if you saw this, telltale team! adyos, people and poker enthusiasts, and telltale: you DO have lots of fans from Brazil, so, thank you! (a proposital mispelling:) Tank you all!!
    P.S.: sorry for the big message, and sorry for the bad english, im brazillian. i made an account JUST to say this, so, i have only one post, probably this will be the only.
    So, i will come back if i see any other problems, sine im not here to cry, im here to give you feedback, if possible! now, i will play some more =D im nearly winning, and i won only 3 tournaments, with two of them being items D:

• ...why were you in a showdown holding 24?

• @furrykef said: ...why were you in a showdown holding 24?

Yeah. That is a very bad hand to be playing... just about everything can beat it unless you get lucky with the community cards.

• @furrykef said:
    You mean "leads" or "led". I'm sorry, I normally don't bother to correct spelling errors, but I've started to see this one everywhere and I'm starting to lose my mind over it. "Pet peeve" doesn't begin to describe it. ^^;;

You're absolutely right; I read it as "led" in my mind but I misspelled it as "lead." I'm something of a writer so I'm usually better about avoiding silly typos like that.

Add Comment