User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 184.1K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well Jeff Hanneman apparently died today.

I like Slayer and he was a human being, so it's sad it that regard, but he was the asshole hick/bigot of the band. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Ack! I accidentally installed Haiku over my Ubuntu installation, so now my computer is not startable since it relies on grub to choose operating systems. :eek:

• @Jennifer said: Ack! I accidentally installed Haiku over my Ubuntu installation, so now my computer is not startable since it relies on grub to choose operating systems. :eek:

Time to make a Knoppix CD (or other alternate bootable thingy) and see what you can salvage?

• @WarpSpeed said: A-ha, they're adding something that doesn't have Iron Man in the title, and putting breaks in between! To socialize with your fellow marathoners, perhaps?

There were breaks in-between during the Avengers Marathons which were really successful for them. They were used largely to refill/purchase more refreshments and to use bathrooms. For the Avengers one they had laminated badges on lanyards to identify the people allowed in.

• But this is an Iron Man marathon! The title practically says that you're supposed to tough it out!

• @Alcoremortis said: But this is an Iron Man marathon! The title practically says that you're supposed to tough it out!

All 3, two drink minimum, no bathroom breaks. Let's rock and roll.

• @WarpSpeed said: IronManMarathonWebBanner10.jpg

A-ha, they're adding something that doesn't have Iron Man in the title, and putting breaks in between! To socialize with your fellow marathoners, perhaps?

So this is pretty much the schedule we got. They had intermission between movies to let people get up and move around, stretch, that sort of thing. There were also games that they had, mini competitions to win prizes like trivia and such.

We got the bottomless coke and popcorn, so we wouldn't have to pay for drinks over and over again. I had awful food just about every movie, like hot wings, fries, cheese sticks. Going to be working this off for a while.

Also I'm really sore.

• If Tarzan never met Jane would he be expected to go with one of the female apes?

• @coolsome said: If Tarzan never met Jane would he be expected to go with one of the female apes?

No. He would be expected to go with Tantor.

This discussion has been closed.