20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not without seeing the numbers/ranks on the cards. Sorry. (in the screenshot you linked only your Ace is showing.)

  • Was the ace a community card?

  • If your straight was A2345, it wasn't an ace-high straight, it was a 5-high straight.

    But I don't think that's what's going on here because I think the hand would have been displayed as "5432A" -- it sorts the cards, if I recall. So we wouldn't even need to see the other cards to know that the result was wrong if it didn't declare the player the winner, since the player clearly has the nut straight here.

    @Profanity said: Was the ace a community card?
    That wouldn't affect the result any.

  • @furrykef said:
    That wouldn't affect the result any.



    I know, but it's fun knocking people who are already having a problem out of balance.

    There are way too many threads like this, you get bored after a while.

  • Wasn't a community card, came from my hand, and what was placed for me was Ace, king, Queen, Jack, 10. Highest straight possible to my knowledge. No need to even see Claptrap's hand, they were both straights, couldn't have possibly beat that to my knowledge.

  • @Insert Creative Name said: Wasn't a community card, came from my hand, and what was placed for me was Ace, king, Queen, Jack, 10. Highest straight possible to my knowledge. No need to even see Claptrap's hand, they were both straights, couldn't have possibly beat that to my knowledge.



    Was this in Omaha?

    If so, only 2 of the cards in your hand count, and 3 of the hands in the community cards count. If 3 of the cards were in your hand or 4 in the community, it was not a straight.

  • It clearly says "straight" under both hands, Gman. There isn't any misreading of hands here. The player had the best possible straight, period.

  • I posted this partly as a bug report and partly to confirm I didn't miss anything. Every bug report helps fix the game. And yes, it was Omaha, and yes, I understand the rules of Omaha. Not hard to figure out after a little while. 2 of the cards in your hand and 3 of the community cards are used. Simple as that.

  • @furrykef said: It clearly says "straight" under both hands, Gman. There isn't any misreading of hands here. The player had the best possible straight, period.



    have we determined if they had ace high straight or 5 high straight?

    why would the OP white out the cards?

  • @generatedname said: have we determined if they had ace high straight or 5 high straight?


    As I said, a 5-high straight would almost certainly be ordered "5432A", not "A2345" or "A5432". If so, it'd be safe to assume that he did have AKQJT, since the ace appears at the left in the screenshot.

    why would the OP white out the cards?
    That's a good question and I've been wondering that myself. I was thinking that maybe the cards' ranks disappear very quickly one by one and the OP only caught the screenshot just before the ace got erased. But if the OP whited it out himself, that's very puzzling.

Add Comment