User Avatar Image

Spoilers! Brenda Glitch

posted by cols_12 on - last edited - Viewed by 13.8K users

After a long wait for episode 2 of The Walking Dead, near the end i find out i cant finish it because There is no option for Brenda when she takes Kennys Wife hostage. Does anyone know a way to fix this glitch? I go through the door and when i walk forward i get shot and there is no option to talk or anything.

152 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Milosuperspesh said: Well some of these people are actually the problem not the game..

erm yeah ?

ok seriously now, what are you actually doing ? cos this scene is all about brenda's gun aim if it's on lee DON'T MOVE

If it's at katjaa's head move till the guns back on lee.

if your trying to move with out watching brenda you'll get shot,

as for what to do when she is aiming at lee is.. only aim at katjaa to talk to them and then always pick the top option/ the option that doesn't piss brenda off..

honestly

I just made an account for this purpose only, and man you are rude and not understanding what people actually are saying

there have allready been PLENTY of individuals telling you it is NOT possible to stop like that due to how the game is made
    do you need glasses or what?

I've put exactly 2 hours of game play just on this single thing, and no matter WHAT I do, the game won't give me the option to start the dialogue with Brenda

if you don't got a solution for the actual problem (you pretending to be a know-it-all ain't helping one bit) my suggestion to you is you stop making all those comments

they are a waste of time for us who actually have a problem with this part of the game, and in the end all they do is piss us off

• As much as you hate her. You have to use the prions they give you try and reason with her. Even though you want to say ill kill you. That won't work. She will shoot if she feels threatend. If ur nice to her she just keeps backing up and threating you. Then mark saves the day :)

• You guys are fucking retards. IF PEOPLE SAY IT DOESN'T WORK, THEN IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!! My guy kept getting stuck in the walking animation OVER AND OVER AGAIN! IT'S A FUCKING GLITCH YOU FUCK TARDS! After 20 attempts it finally worked. If I did nothing different each attempt and it finally works after doing the same fucking thing over and over again then it's a fucking glitch and it luckily didn't happen on the 20 attempt. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE WE'RE FUCKING RETARDS!

• @craftyard said: Yep. This is a glitch. I left Danny alive, then tried to trick Brenda into thinking I was Danny. I open the door, walk up, and stop immediately as she points the gun at me.

I try moving my cursor over her head, no option to talk to her at all, I die.

Try again, move it to her stomach, I die.

Tried this about 10 more times, I die every single try. And no, I'm not some big dum gorilla who doesn't know how to stop - I stop the split second she tells me to, and I always die.

So I rewind a bit, try again, and when I'm sneaking up to the house I choose the option to tell her that I've left Danny in the barn. The next time she points the gun at me, the option to speak appears, and I succeed.

So it's definitly a bug. So please, everyone who's called us "stupid" or "idiots", at least consider that maybe our game really is bugged before you start slinging insults around.

Btw, I played this on PC. Everyone I see who calls us idiots are playing the xbox version. Seems to me like the PC version is bugged, but not the xbox.

Same problem on Xbox and those dumbasses blaming the person, FUCK YOU!

• @Mattassacre said: You guys are fucking retards. IF PEOPLE SAY IT DOESN'T WORK, THEN IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!! My guy kept getting stuck in the walking animation OVER AND OVER AGAIN! IT'S A FUCKING GLITCH YOU FUCK TARDS! After 20 attempts it finally worked. If I did nothing different each attempt and it finally works after doing the same fucking thing over and over again then it's a fucking glitch and it luckily didn't happen on the 20 attempt. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE WE'RE FUCKING RETARDS!

Probably is your own fault.

• Xbox 360, disc, unpatched (because I have no internet, which is why I have it on disc)

Is there some sort of patch I can download onto a flash drive, or do I have to ask for a refund? I don't want a refund, I want to playing a working version of Telltale Games The Walking Dead, but if I can't have that, I'll have a refund. I don't want a digital version, because I can't redeem a digital version. I want a patch that I can put on a USB, and then onto my Xbox 360, or a refund. I'd much rather having a working version of the game, though.

Doesn't work, have done everything mentioned in this thread. I did it 65 times, in fact. On the 62nd time, for the first time, a box popped up. Finally, dialogue so I can finally proceed! And then I got shot immediately after. Admittedly, the second stage of the confrontation, where I got myself killed, might have been user error. I've only gotten to that point once, so I won't deny the possibility. However, I'm absolutely certain that my game is bugged, as I was able to successfully do it once, and then less then two minutes later on a reloaded save unable to do it while doing the same exact thing (which I did for the forty or so times before #62). Stage two in the confrontation may be human error, but stage one, I have no doubt, is a bug.

However, lets assume that the second and third stage of the confrontation are all bugged, and at the same rate no less. Thats 3,844 tries until I get past stage two, and 238,328 tries until I get past stage three of the confrontation. Quality control for the win, huh?

• @CarScar said: Probably is your own fault.

Your probably right it is :D

• Maybe it's the iOS version vs the 360 or web or anything else, but Brenda never even pointed the gun at me - she just kept tightening her choke hold on Kat and tightening her grip on her. I wasn't so worried that I was going to get shot, so much as I was worried that she'd blow Kat's brains out and I'd have yet another person's blood on my hands. Maybe I was edging so slowly that she never even got to the point where it would trigger her to point the gun at me.

I'm wondering if the xbox version or the PC version's controls are just that much more sensitive. I know that moving just a little too much or saying just the wrong thing can get you killed (later in the game, I got killed a few times for not doing the right thing at the right time).

• This thread makes me remember Nova's play through, he almost made a entire video dedicated to him getting shot.

• OMFG, I walk into the house, Brenda says about 2 lines and when i try to inch forward I always get shot... wtf?! -_- this is extremely annoying because i was able to talk to her once but after that try, i got shot again... idk what to do

Add Comment