User Avatar Image

Win a showdown with only a high card

posted by Andreaa on - last edited - Viewed by 4.2K users

Hello, i am on the last bounty of the game, Win a showdown with only a high card, but it's almost impossible to complete, been trying it for 5 hours and no success, any tips ?

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kimouru said: Well the thing about the challenge is, you pretty much WANT to fold if you get even a pair. I had a pair in the flop for about 4-5 flops in a row, which instantly negates the bounty challenge. The last 6 hands I've had an ace, there was a pair in the flop. Every time, I counted.

Rather than screwing yourself by constantly folding, just play normally. It will happen sooner or later if you play normally.

• I just got the achievement, and y'all are wrong. You CAN do it with kickers, but you can't do it JUST with kickers. Here's an example: if both of you have an ace-high (me and Clap-Trap), and you beat his ace-high with a king-kicker, then it still counts because your hand technically was an ace-high.

• @Virtus Tenebrae said: I just got the achievement, and y'all are wrong. You CAN do it with kickers, but you can't do it JUST with kickers. Here's an example: if both of you have an ace-high (me and Clap-Trap), and you beat his ace-high with a king-kicker, then it still counts because your hand technically was an ace-high.

Well, that is a kicker. What others mention for those who not know that they can't have pair or better when they win to make it count towards that bounty challenge.

• I finally did it, completely random and without having it planned on the hand lol.

• It's actually trivial to win a showdown with a high card in this game, and it happens all the time in professional poker.

Basically, shove preflop with A9 through AK when you get heads up (which is probably what you should be doing anyway. You'll get called and your hand's probably going to hold up.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@BrianBoyko said: It's actually trivial to win a showdown with a high card in this game, and it happens all the time in professional poker.

Basically, shove preflop with A9 through AK when you get heads up (which is probably what you should be doing anyway. You'll get called and your hand's probably going to hold up.

The player goes all in!

Big mistake, junior.

Sam has... Three of a kind!
    Ash has... Three of a kind!
    Brock has... A flush!
    Claptrap has... a full house!
    The player has... Ace high!

The player loses his house, his job, his wife and kids and both of his parents get heart attacks simultaneously.

POKER NIGHT 2

• He said "when you get heads-up". If you're against four players, you are not heads-up. ;)

• This challange is basically impossible. I will be willing to pay money to see it removed from the game or awarded automatically whenever it comes up. I am SO FRUSTRATED with this FUCKING BULLSHIT!

• I have no idea what people are talking about. You win -and lose- with a high card several times every tournament. I have won and lost with something as ridiculous as "a seven kicker".

• "a seven kicker" isn't a hand... "ace high, seven kicker" is a hand, but not "a seven kicker".

Add Comment