User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 19.4K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Watched Fellowship of the Ring for the very first time. It was entertaining, and about a billion times more accessible than the book, which I have never managed to get more than twenty pages into without losing interest. (it's a travesty, I know) And now I know where Warhammer and D&D 'borrowed' or 'outright stole' most of their ideas from.

• I liked it enough to see it twice at 3D prices.

• Iron Man 3 8/10

Good movie. Good plot. Another womanly villain. (What, that guy with the lollipop in Iron Man 2 wasn’t enough?)

• @Alcoremortis said: Though I totally am in agreement about the suits that have the structural integrity as LEGOs. Maybe that was to promote the new line of Marvel superhero LEGOs or something. Seriously, it was probably a good idea to scrap the lot. I mean, if a regular guy with some fancy brain stuff can rip apart a Hulkbuster suit... I think the suit has more or less failed in it's ability to bust Hulk.

I'd imagine that if there was an actual person inside the suits, they'd have a lot more structural integrity due to having an actual solid mass to be attached to. If something's hollow, it's always going to be less stable.

• I'm gonna catch shit for this one.

Green Lantern: Extended Cut - 7/10... for what it is

The movie is fine. It's serviceable. It has fewer plot holes than most superhero movies, hell, most Marvel superhero movies. The CGI is horrendously shitty, and somewhere the movie stops looking good. Seriously, the first half looks great, although the color palette is shit. I enjoyed it well enough. It didn't really annoy me much.
    It's not a special movie by any means. It doesn't do anything memorable with its universe or characters. It hits all the typical beats this sort of movie hits. But it's not even close to the worst set of superhero movies I've ever seen. It's not the horrendous cancer I'd been led to believe. I'd put it in the same category/ranking as Thor, with Thor only really beating it out with a better villain.

• @Secret Fawful said: I'm gonna catch shit for this one.

Green Lantern: Extended Cut - 7/10... for what it is

Wait there's an EXTENDED CUT?! When did this come out??

And seriously...I do not understand the flak that this movie got. I enjoyed it.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Wait there's an EXTENDED CUT?! When did this come out??

And seriously...I do not understand the flak that this movie got. I enjoyed it.

It adds ten minutes of beginning scenes. They only add material to Hal Jordan's family history, nothing more.

• Wait, more stuff on earth? Ew. It seemed like that cut was advertised as the cut that had more alien stuff.

Add Comment