User Avatar Image

Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

posted by Tricky_bluefox on - last edited - Viewed by 26K users

I'm addicted to it I need it and it's awesome so after I'm done playing the devils playhouse ten more times when can I expect to pre order season 4

448 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is probably a long shot, but Sam's suit in Poker Night 2 is noticeably darker than it was in Sam and Max Season 3, so at least they're fully acknowledging the ending of 305. Who knows, maybe season 4 could come around sooner than we may be thinking... :P

• I agree, Sam and Max is the best thing Telltale's ever done. Telltale's Sam and Max is one of the funniest video games in existence. Some games make you smile, chuckle, or go "oh, that was clever," but I'm replaying the Sam and Max seasons now and the belly laughs are frequent and awesome. Seriously, I forgot just how funny these games were.

• Lets just hope Sam and Max didn't listen to the other Poker players when they told them they could retire...

• @Soeroah said: They've done time travel. I'd be interested in a dimension-hopping storyline, perhaps where they meet alternate Sams and Maxes in various worlds. Such as one where America never got industrialised. I guess it's kinda similar to time travel but my thoughts are mainly Sam and Max universes where technology or culture went in different ways, so each universe is basically them in what would normally be a different time period, but without time travel.

If that makes sense.

If you're interested in that kind of storyline, then you should take a look at this!

• Did anyone else find the conversation in Poker Night 2 where Sam said he's 'off the market' relationship wise. Could it mean anything?

• I saw on youtube that CL4P-TP asks Sam in Poker Night 2 when he can expect further adventures of the Freelance Police. Sam says that he and Max are enjoying the downtime.

• Unfortunately, I also have to join in the sentiment that we likely wouldn't see any new Freelance Policing for quite some time. And I have to confess - despite Poker Night 2 providing a much needed relief, I've still been dying to see them back in action since they walked off toward the sunset/rode off on the elevator way back in 2010.

We really need to form a support group.

HOWEVER, I doubt this is the last we've seen of them completely. Telltale still seems to hold fondness for the characters, and although I'm sure the excellent new Sam model was tweaked simply for the Poker Night 2, I think it does show there's still some lingering interest.
    And you know what? Moving up to larger licenses isn't necessarily a bad thing for the franchise, either. Just look at how often the series pops up in steam sales and indie bundles. 3 years after Penal Zone debuted, the game seems to still be selling copies. People are still interested. Hell, Sam's appearance was deemed just as noteworthy as his more currently relevant opponents on the gaming news articles I've seen about Poker Night 2. A season 4 would be just as big a deal as any other huge title Telltale could dream up.

TL,DR (hate that phrase):
    Yeah, there's sure to be a long, long queue, but there's still massive interest from both the developers and the community. Maybe we can hope for 2016?

• As a Half-Life fan I'm pretty content with waiting. So bring it on.

• Even though I absolutely fell in love with Season 3, instead of having a new season, I'd like to see single episodes appearing every once in a while (no time schedule) parodying other games or stories.

I wouldn't mind a Sam & Max episode where they parody Back to the Future, for example.

However, since I don't know how cost effective that is, I have no idea if this is plausible or not.

• @MrSneeze said: Even though I absolutely fell in love with Season 3, instead of having a new season, I'd like to see single episodes appearing every once in a while (no time schedule) parodying other games or stories.

I wouldn't mind a Sam & Max episode where they parody Back to the Future, for example.

However, since I don't know how cost effective that is, I have no idea if this is plausible or not.

First off,

holy crap, that actually makes a lot of sense. Those two are made for the episodic style, jumping from case to case and all. The comics have shown they don't necessarily need an overarching plotline.

Being the (former? I hope not) Telltale flagship characters, along with a diehard fanbase would really work in their favor for this.

Second off,

you may have already kinda gotten your BTTF wish. Go play season 2, guy. The time-travel episode has at least a Delorean reference, if I recall correctly.

Add Comment