User Avatar Image

Will you still play The Walking Dead: The Game Season 2 if Clementine is not in it?

posted by J_Scheff on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

The first season revolves around her, it would be strange for me to play it if she is not there at my side needing my protection.

I would give season 2 a shot, but without the drama and emotional toll caring for and protecting Clem it wont be nearly as good as S1, especially without Lee and Clem.

At any rate, I will be pissed if she is no longer part of TWD game.

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, it would just be strange and sad without her. And plus why would they set the end of the last episode like that if they were leaving Clem? Too much has been done now to stop. And there is no quick easy way to tie up the loose ends of her plot...

• @BlackBoxx said: The Walking Dead is ongoing. It isn't like a Final Fantasy that begins and ends a character's story within the same narrative. The comic continues to follow Rick Grimes and his group of survivors. The TV show continues to follow Rick Grimes and his group of survivors. The game had better continue to follow Clementine as she is the only known survivor (others have a strong likelihood, but not 100% guaranteed). I will still give it a chance if she is nowhere to be seen, but I will be disappointed. As much as it would suck, I would even accept her death, so long as I know what happens to her.

That said, I do not want her to be the player character. Her personality has been set up already, and while it is influenced by Lee (us, the players), she maintains her own. I also do not want to reprise the role of her caretaker. Lee spent the latter half of the game teaching Clem to be a better survivor. If we have to bail her out of every bit of danger she finds herself in, then the appeal will just wear thin.

No. Clementine should be more competent this time around. Not a generic Bruce Willis action character level of badassery, but not the scared child she was before. She can use a gun. She has experience scavenging things. She has Lee's final advice to draw from to respond to situations now. She no longer needs to screech, run and hide behind an adult. I want her to be treated as another member of the group (given tasks to complete and a job to do when things get dangerous), not an objective to protect.

I don't know, I think Clementine's capabilities are often over estimated. I can't see Clementine's role or her behaviour changing that much in season 2 from when we last saw her. She is only 9 after all. Her experiences in the ZA are very different from Carl Grimes's who spent a large amount of time on the road before and after the prison story arc. Clementine has only spent around 3 or 4 days on the road away from the protection of the motor inn and has been sheltered much in the way Sophia is in the comics. I would still expect her to be scared and hiding when danger presents itself .

Lee's pep talk was enough to give her the courage to flee the city on her own but not enough for her to survive long term. Can she even cook or make a fire? The deaths she has seen have made her emotionally stronger and probably less optimistic but I wouldn't expect a big transformation as the game will probably pick up shortly from when we last saw her.

Clementine would be alright if trapped by a few walkers if she had bullets but I don't think she could get very far beyond that. I think the adults in the group she joins will still treat her as a child. Because of where Telltale left it I don't think time can advance that much. If Omid and Christa find her they will feel responsible for her safety and honour Lee's dying wish, so they would probably be over protective of her. They wouldn't want Lee's death to be in vain. They would treat her the way he did since her safety would be paramount. I would still expect her to be left with a baby sitter during supply runs.

• I played Season 1 without knowing Clementine would be in it so I will happily play season 2 even if she isn't in it...

• oh god yes! yes! yes! and more yes!

• I liked Clementine, but i can play Season 2 without her, if that's gonna be the case. I'm not that terrifyingly obsessed with her.

• I'm going to play season 2 regardless of Clem's appearance. But I think if she were included in S2 we wouldn't be her caretaker, we might be spectating someone else taking care of her, so the relationship would be limited between our new PC and Clem.

• I'm also not that obsessed w/ her, but this time playing a female would be cool. :)

• It's not a problem this time because Lee has died. Season 1 was constructed around Lee's and Clem's relations, around Lee's sense of duty to protect her at any cost. Now game creators can easily take Clem away or maybe move her aside to play a supporting role in the game's scenario.

• Yeah I'd still play regardless of her being in it or not I just wouldn't understand why they wouldn't put her in there that's just my opinion

• Of course I would. To be honest I was kind of hoping that Clementine wouldn't be in the next season after what had happened to Lee and that we could play as someone new with their journey into the zombie apocalypse being told instead but if the ending of season 1 was any indicator at all of what's to come then I'm pretty sure she’ll be in it regardless.

Add Comment