User Avatar Image

What exactly is Fables?

posted by Hudomonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

I have never read the comics but I'm a big fan of Telltale and I'm just wondering what the world is like and what could of genre it is.

At the moment I don't know how to react to it and whether I should be greatly anticipated or not.

Thanks!

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So its nothing to do with the game Fable then..?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@spanner said: So its nothing to do with the game Fable then..?

No. It's based on the comic book series Fables by Bill Willingham, which deals with fairy tale characters living in the modern world. It's not related to Fable at all.

• Is there a tv show of this as well? I saw the beginning of some show a couple months ago where Snow White was treating all the dwarves like crap and it kept cutting back and forth to her in the modern day world.

• You're thinking of Once Upon a Time, which is not connected with Fables besides sharing a similar concept of being a modern-day reinterpretation of fairy tales.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Darth Marsden said: You're thinking of Once Upon a Time, which is not connected with Fables besides sharing a similar concept of being a modern-day reinterpretation of fairy tales.

It was supposed to be Fables, but they changed/exchanged/remodeled it to be Once Upon a Time.

• Once Upon A Time and Fables are completely different beasts (although I do like them both)

• I heard that Fables inspired Once Upon a Time and Grimm. Not sure how true that is, but it makes sense.

When I heard that Telltale was making a game based off the comics, I went out and got them. I had never heard of Fables until I got the announcement about this game so I read them. And let me tell you, they are excellent. I couldn't stop reading them and I became quite fond of each of the characters.

Trust me, if Telltale does justice by Fables as they have with The Walking Dead, we are certainly in for a huge treat.

• User Avatar Image
    Niels BANNED

Well I never read the Comics , and i dont think theres a movie or tv series about this.. but i've read that its characters from fables and tales that come to a real world and are like real people.. dont know if its true.. but if it is.. its awesome.. the amount of games / stories they can create with that vast number of characters...

Btw , this game looks promising and i'm ansious to play it :D

• Its true. Im caught up to about 102 issues in the regular series and almost caught up in Jack of Fables the spinoff as well as some others. The characters live in "our world" namely New York and do everything normal people do except grow old and die. I hope you're inspired to read it if you like comics.

• User Avatar Image
    Niels BANNED

i would like to.. but my country dont sell those comics.. though they sound interesting..
    im very curious to see how this works.. i mean.. snow white , cinderella , beauty and beast , little red riding hood, etc..... in the same city .. if they are making the same story but in real world in real city , then its very cool... ( but probably im just thinking wrong )

Add Comment