User Avatar Image

iOs / Android

posted by Ilovecakes on - last edited - Viewed by 355 users

So is it safe to say that it will never be out for these platforms?
I like playing stuff like sleeping dogs and tomb raider on the PC, in other words, games that you can't/don't want to play on your phone. Poker night at the inventory is a game I'd never play on the PC simply because of how casual it is. It's like how I hated plants vs zombie on the PC but loved it on my phone.

So will the iOs/android version ever come out? If so.. When????????

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As a programmer I can say that adapting a game to run on iOS and Android is not necessarily easy. Unless Telltale is putting other things on those platforms, I wouldn't hold my breath.

• *company out right says it is coming out for iOS*

*impatient poster waits a week and assumes it will never come out for it*

Okay...

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

We will do plan to release Poker Night 2 on iOS, but don't have a set date yet. When we do, it will most likely be announced on Facebook, Twitter, and/or our blog. There are no plans for an Android release.

• @Dedlok said: *company out right says it is coming out for iOS*

*impatient poster waits a week and assumes it will never come out for it*

Okay...

Been checking appstore everyday since release and see nothing. Porting a game to iOs should be rather simple imo. I mean even walking dead is on ios.

• @Ilovecakes said: Been checking appstore everyday since release and see nothing. Porting a game to iOs should be rather simple imo. I mean even walking dead is on ios.

Yes it is. And Episode 1 of it came out to iOS on July 26. Which was a whole month later than the PC/Mac version's April 24th release date for Episode 1. So, while it may or may not be as easy as you claim it to be, it still takes time to do a port from something that works on PC/Mac to something that works on iOS (and vice versa).

So in other words, be patient. It has been announced for and is still coming to iOS.

• @Ilovecakes said: Been checking appstore everyday since release and see nothing. Porting a game to iOs should be rather simple imo. I mean even walking dead is on ios.

Do you know anything about how code works? About how operating systems work? The sort of intricacies and level of depth, and more importantly, lack of compatibility between any number of separate functions?

In order for PNatI2 to work on iOs, they have to do a whole heap of things to the engine to make it compatible.

And even if it is "simple" it still takes a lot of time. Something being simple to do has nothing to do with the amount of time the task takes. It's a simple affair to cook, say, the same meal five thousand times over, but you still have to take into account cooking time, ingredient preparation time, etc etc.

• @puzzlebox said: We will do plan to release Poker Night 2 on iOS, but don't have a set date yet. When we do, it will most likely be announced on Facebook, Twitter, and/or our blog. There are no plans for an Android release.

Is there any particular reason to there being no plans for an Android version?

• @nibblemonkey said: Is there any particular reason to there being no plans for an Android version?

It's really easy to just download android games for free so I think the money and dedication isn't worth it.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Ilovecakes said: It's really easy to just download android games for free so I think the money and dedication isn't worth it.

You can't really say that downloading PC games for free is any harder than scratching your nose, yet here we are.

• @Profanity said: You can't really say that downloading PC games for free is any harder than scratching your nose, yet here we are.

This game was originally for the PC/xbox360/ps3

Porting it to android to have it pirated even more is dumb and waste of money,

Add Comment