User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 94.3K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Noname215 said:
    I mean, how do you account for ghosts?

Aliens.

Unquietdead.jpg

• i made up that i saw a ghost once and i can still remember seeing it ;)

• @Noname215 said: The way I see it, what’s the point of living if you don’t believe in anything? Something has to happen to you after you die, there’s can’t simply be oblivion.

Why? Why does there have to be a pre-defined reason? Define "anything" because unless you come across an individual with no literal conciousness, I doubt you'll find anyone who literally doesn't believe in anything. What about animals? Why do they persist without belief?

There is no need for a reason to live. We were thrust into this world whether we wanted to or not. What we make of this time is our own choice. Isn't that enough?

And ghosts? The best you can do is ghosts? Boy howdy.

• I sometimes like to try and literally think of nothingness. It's an impossible task but it doesn't stop me trying.

As for death, I tend not to think about what happens to me but what the reaction of my family and friends could be if I died then and there. It's not pleasant, but at least I get the feeling that I'd be missed at least and that's something I suppose.

I've thought about suicide when I was 19. Man that's a stupid age. One thing I learned is that I really didn't want to kill myself, I just wanted to ask for help but as I was a stupid dumb teenager I did a stupid stunt that was just a cry for attention. Scared the hell out of my parents, and that shamed me more than the "attempt".

I can't say that I'm not frightened of dying but the effect on other people worries me more.

• That's why I don't respond to Fawful when he gets off his meds.

• @Alcoremortis said: I once woke up in the middle of the night and saw a white translucent figure in my room. It glid over to my bookshelf and stood there for awhile in complete silence.

So I turned on my light.

Turns out it was my mom wearing a nightgown and looking for a book that I had in the middle of the night.

I don't believe in ghosts.

I do. Seen some weird shit.

• I'm sorry I scared you, Marsden. Nobody but me freaks out on here, so I assumed I would bother no one. But as someone who has frequent panic attacks...like tonight on the way home with my fiance while pretending I was fine because she was driving home too tired to drive.....I rambled...I don't want to cause anyone that pain. I thought about that all day, sorry I said anything because it freaked you out.

I had to sit with my love the other night as she had a panic attack and I was helpless to do anything for her. How helpless can a man feel at that moment. I can't describe my grief and anger at reality itself that it had to be that way. I watched her on the floor in tears, shaking, and all I could do was hold her hand.

Maybe I believe in God...but I do not claim to believe in a loving God. But to me Hell exists for sure....it's the same as nothingness to me. It's being away from the ones you love for eternity, without existence. Forever separated: the ultimate tragedy. No happy endings. Whether or not there's a Heaven is just something I don't know about, but it seems implausible.

I like the way Alcore looks at things. We're all Star Children. That sounds cool. I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.

• @Secret Fawful said: I had to sit with my love the other night as she had a panic attack and I was helpless to do anything for her. How helpless can a man feel at that moment. I can't describe my grief and anger at reality itself that it had to be that way. I watched her on the floor in tears, shaking, and all I could do was hold her hand.

You're not helpless. Hold her, rock her gently, encourage her to breathe, tell her she's safe, and everything is going to be all right. Over and over. It helps.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Secret Fawful said: I'm sorry I scared you, Marsden. Nobody but me freaks out on here, so I assumed I would bother no one. But as someone who has frequent panic attacks...like tonight on the way home with my fiance while pretending I was fine because she was driving home too tired to drive.....I rambled...I don't want to cause anyone that pain. I thought about that all day, sorry I said anything because it freaked you out.

Don't worry about it. I get that way sometimes. It wasn't you at all, it could have been anything. Hell, I had one of my states triggered because I couldn't tie my hair back properly. I am a mess. Helps to share it though, even if I can't go back and read it myself. *sigh*

For future reference though - I am never responding to anything you say ever again. :p

Random thought of the day - that feeling you get when you orgasm. I want that to last longer than 5 seconds. Hell, I want anything else in the world to feel as good as that. WHY DOESN'T ANYTHING?

• I too want that, except not while I am a male.

Jizz, jizz everywhere!!!

This discussion has been closed.