User Avatar Image

That Guy With The Glasses Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 9.9K users

This is a thread to one of the most funniest reviewers and actors on the internet . The Nostalgia Critic played by Doug Walker. The Nostalgia Critic has given such wonderful jokes such as A BAT CREDIT CARD, or TIMING!, and such good videos and reviews such Casper,Top 11s,Batman & Robin,Old vs New Batman and i'm sure people remember his fight with the Nerd (another very funny reviewer on the internet) So anyway go ahead and talk about anything about The Nostalgia Critic. You can even talk about other people such as AVGN,Linkara,The Nostalgia Chick,Bum Reviews.

My question is what is your favorite Nostalgia Critic episode?

Mine is a tie between Top 11 Simpsons episodes,Top 11 Batman episodes,Junior,Batman & Robin, and Old vs New Batman vs The Dark Knight but if i had to pick i would say ether Junior or Top 11 Simpsons episodes.

395 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ryannumber1gamer said: Also forgot to ask but what everyone's thoughts on NC's return to Top 11 lists?

Took him long enough. Now he needs to do an Old vs. New on the TMNT cartoons.

• That a great idea.....but he needs to do it for the old one, the 2003 one then the 2013 one so....

Anyway after watching NC review the anniversary movies i thought it was pretty good. Kickassia i think could be my favourite of the 3 anniversary reviews.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: That a great idea.....but he needs to do it for the old one, the 2003 one then the 2013 one so....

Anyway after watching NC review the anniversary movies i thought it was pretty good. Kickassia i think could be my favourite of the 3 anniversary reviews.

So Old vs. Newish vs. New? Never watched the 03 one, but the 2013 TMNT is pretty awesome.

• The 2003 Turtles was actually pretty great. If you want a good vs series for the old one and the 2003 one can i suggest Old TMNT vs New TMNT, Its a great series of videos which places the seasons, animation, characters etc and sees which series is best and its quite a good one.

Classic TMNT vs New TMNT part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYvP7ASrmg8

Btw i do agree even though i seen about 4 episodes but the 2013 series is pretty good as well and reminds me a little of Teen Titans when it uses some anime elements.

• If i remember right he mentions the comic Turtles in his videos i think.

• They were definitely mentioned in Phelan's Turtles Forever review, because, well, they were in that. I've kind of lost interest in Doug himself after a while. His characters have grown stale. The only thing from him that I somewhat find interesting, are his straight reviews. I prefer people to be themselves. People grow, people change, people don't always follow their own intuition. It's much harder and unlikely to do this when trying to portray a character as their values and ideas become more like rules than inclinations.

• I guess now that I'm aware of this thread, I might as well say it. While I still like the Nostalgia Critic, those non-review parts are getting kind of annoying. In fact, it's what slowly put me off Atop the Fourth Wall (though I might watch it again at some point).

• I guess i'll give my thoughts on the non-review parts. First let me say i still do watch Linkara's atop the forth wall but i usually just skip to the review because i find the non review parts boring. As for NC, i found it funny in Son of the Mask and Catwoman but in The Cat in The Hat I was just bored by then. He rushes like the last half of the movie just so he can keep going over the same stuff he already said to the director and it just got very annoying when he took the focus off the movie and onto the non review parts.

NC does not even review the movie in order in the second half. He gets to the part about when they are running in the town with the dog then he cuts back to an scene that was earlier in the movie. I just felt that NC took way to much focus off the review.

Add Comment