User Avatar Image

Would you kill Vernon?

posted by HarjKS on - last edited - Viewed by 859 users

If in Season 2 you had the choice whether or not to murder Vernon would you do it?

I would as he decided not to tell the group about the horde (indirectly causing Ben, Kenny, Lee's and possibly Christa, Omids and Mollys deaths). He stole the boat, and he was just a d*** in general even considering to kill Lee when they had just met.

But would you kill him or let him live?

87 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mornai said: Well, if he betrayed one group for his own benefit, odds are he'll do it again(should the opportunity arise). Eliminating Vernon will help your group because it prevents him from backstabbing you just like he did with Lee. A preemptive attack, if you will. It's not the best reason, but it's there.

He's also a doctor, arguably one of the most useful types of people you could meet in the apocalypse, and someone who was willing to offer aid at the risk of his own safety.

He didn't rob us for the sake of it, he's only a threat if he feels that he's choosing between our group's survival or his group's. Granted, that could play out in any number of ways, but another encounter with him could have vastly different results compared to what happened with Lee's group. Whether for better or worse.

• @Mikejames said: He's also a doctor, arguably one of the most useful types of people you could meet in the apocalypse, and someone who was willing to offer aid at the risk of his own safety.

He didn't rob us for the sake of it, he's only a threat if he feels that he's choosing between our group's survival or his group's. Granted, that could play out in any number of ways, but another encounter with him could have vastly different results compared to what happened with Lee's group. Whether for better or worse.

I don't even like his group, Brie especially. God if anyone hates Ben and blames him for killing people, please be happy he at least got Brie killed. She was a f*cking b*tch and I can't tell you how good it was to kill her in Episode 5.

Anyway even if I encounter Vernon, unless he's ditched his group and he's sorry I may consider saving him. However still if he even lays a finger on Clementine, he's as good as dead and I say this because it's obvious he misses the feeling of being a father and would love to take care of Clementine.

• I'd kill him if I didn't think there would be any ramifications (which there would be, of course).

Karma, bitch.

• I would not kill him. I would take the boat and sail away and abandon him. I would show him what it feels like with the other end of the stick.

• Vernon caused a game over for me because I didn't take the gun away from him. He shot Lee almost point blank, right between the eyes. After that (when I played through for real) he stole our escape route. If I was Lee during Season 2, I'd probably kill him. But I won't be Lee, because Lee's gone, so this new protagonist would be different.

Course, there's a good chance they got out of Georgia and into the Gulf of Mexico and are starving to death, or dieing of exposure, or ended up on an island and got eaten by walkers there. I will say, though, if I see Vernon as a walker it would be satisfying to put that bullet in his brain.

• Well... unless he did something to earn it once we reunited, I'd say no, I wouldn't.

• @HarjKS said: If in Season 2 you had the choice whether or not to murder Vernon would you do it?

I would as he decided not to tell the group about the horde (indirectly causing Ben, Kenny, Lee's and possibly Christa, Omids and Mollys deaths). He stole the boat, and he was just a d*** in general even considering to kill Lee when they had just met.

But would you kill him or let him live?

I guess I should be upset with Vernon but I'm willing to let it go and just be as suspicious of him as anyone else I meet in season 2.

I never believed in Kenny's boat plan and resented having to search for a boat then find missing items for the boat all after I and Clem decided to ditch Kenny once we got to Savannah.

Also, it's difficult to stay mad at someone who gave Kenny a good beating :D. I just thought it was funny that Kenny got his ass beat by the geriatric squad.:D. Talk about adding insult to injury.

• Wouldn't kill him but would like to kick him in the face.

• I have no idea what I would do, I think i would make it clear how many died because of his actions, but I won't kill him as my rage is only on Lilly.

• @Mark$man said: I wouldn't kill him; I don't hate Vernon. Hate is a strong word, ya know? There is a saying that you shouldn't hate anyone, for it is you who is pulling away.

For Lilly... I'll make an exception ^_^

LOL, anyway... Vernon could have been a lot worse. Considering you cause him the loss of one he had looked after like a daughter by your group's hands, and he doesn't blame you for it, I consider him quite the great person. He has his own group to look out for, and we did kinda bring in a horde of zombies to his doorstep. I doubt they will even be in season 2, because how were they going to get the boat into the water with THAT many zombies?

A bit of a thread necro here, but I have to mention something. Also, sorry if this has already been brought up elsewhere. While we don't know about season 2, some of the cancer patients will be in the 400 Days DLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6SMfc7JWpg

This is an interview with a Telltale designer at E3 with clips from the game played over it at some points. At 1:41, pay attention to the group and you'll see some familiar faces. No Brie or Vernon, but the others are there.

Add Comment