User Avatar Image

What if Clementine becomes a ruthless killer no matter what ?

posted by master psychic on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Clementine saw many traumatising things at this point including seeing her parents and having to shoot/leave Lee and i think she is going to snap and pretty much become a monster like Carl and might turn on the new group no matter what we did as Lee .
I don't think our actions of sparing the St Johns , not stealing from the car , bringing her to Crawford , Killing the Stranger are gonna change Clementine's fate because i can't see her in season 2 ( if she really appears ) having a clear mind and become like Lee because Lee's action of not stealing from the car din't stop Campman from stealing Clementine , Lilly kills Carley/Doug even if we try to revive Larry . I'm afraid that Clementine might become a psychopatic killer and deciding that Lee's words don't matter and that only being ruthless will help her survive in this world and the new protagonist will have to take her out for the good of the group and it will be very painful for us .
So do you guys think that Clem will follow Lee's foot steps or become a killer no matter what ?

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @master psychic said: Clementine saw many traumatising things at this point including seeing her parents and having to shoot/leave Lee and i think she is going to snap and pretty much become a monster like Carl and might turn on the new group no matter what we did as Lee .
    I don't think our actions of sparing the St Johns , not stealing from the car , bringing her to Crawford , Killing the Stranger are gonna change Clementine's fate because i can't see her in season 2 ( if she really appears ) having a clear mind and become like Lee because Lee's action of not stealing from the car din't stop Campman from stealing Clementine , Lilly kills Carley/Doug even if we try to revive Larry . I'm afraid that Clementine might become a psychopatic killer and deciding that Lee's words don't matter and that only being ruthless will help her survive in this world and the new protagonist will have to take her out for the good of the group and it will be very painful for us .
    So do you guys think that Clem will follow Lee's foot steps or become a killer no matter what ?

All told, I think Clem will become a hardened survivor but not go over the edge and become a full blown killer.

It's little things she did along the way that make me think she has a good compass when it comes to right and wrong and working with others. Her unwillingness to steal from the car even though she was very hungry like the rest of us comes to mind. She also wanted to be part of the team, pull her own weight as it were. At the train station is where I think Clem stepped up, reminded Lee that they are a team and took risks for the group....for her friends.

Everything you mentioned is just another day in a ZA. Hardship is no stranger and I think it's the special moments that Clem will remember such as her friendship with Lee, Lilly giving her bands for her hair and playing tricks on Duck.

• She most likely would not become a bandit, but you never know, hope not.

• I hope she doesn't become hardened in future seasons. I think it would be cool if she grows up to be tough and resourceful like Molly.

• I could live with her becoming strong and not needing help, but if she becomes someone like Lilly, or the Save-Lot bandits there is going to be a problem.

• This is inevitable, or she will die.

• @zev_zev said: This is inevitable, or she will die.

It isn't inevitable at all, if she learns to move fast, scavenge quick, avoid people, she'll never be in the position to shoot much. It is about adjusting to the new world, you can very well, like Molly, learn to avoid both walkers and humans.

Not saying it is very likely, or maybe it even is - who am I to tell?
    But becoming psycho like Lilly, or the rapist bandit fucks does not necessarily have to hapen.

• It would be out of character. If we compare Clem killing the stranger to... Carl shooting the bloke in the Walking Dead show he shows no remorse for a Complete and utter stranger. Clem was in bits after killing a man who had lied to, kidnapped and imprisoned her. I found with season 1 you think what would Kirkman do? He has a side that says 'Fuck Yeah lets make them mad' but the character must be set up. Clementine is too kind and well raised. She is empathised as 'STRONG' and too fall into this psycho attitude you would have a weaker mind.

Its also commercial suicide to ruin Clementine. They have made a great character and have to use her correctly. Going insane Clem is not the way.

• It seems to me that Clementine shall die from the inside, she already beginning to die.

• The girl is very optimistic, after the shit she's gone through, she never lost it. She might have done stupid things - who hastn't? But, if you were nice and understanding towards her, you never caught her yelling, or being rude, she always was polite, well behaved.
    It is her way, her personality, and becoming a psycho isn't her, sorry but I do not see it in her. Maybe though, I put too much faith in how I tried to educate her in the little time given.

I don't say, that if it is either her or someone else she won't pull the trigger, she will.
    She got the self defense part I guess, but she'll never become a crazy bandit, who gets satisfied by seing people suffer or even torture them, or such things.

Maybe her good heart will protect her from that... would be a shame if not, that'd mean just anyone will sooner or later become a psycho, no matter how good the person is deep inside.

• If it had to come down to it, I would prefer if she died pure and innocent then live and be no better then all the monsters that we fought through out the game.

Add Comment