User Avatar Image

What was your first Telltale game?

posted by Ezny on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 1.6K users

Also favorite and least favorite game? I'm just curious.

Mine was Sam & Max: Save the World. [XBLA]

...Followed by ToMI & S&M: Beyond Time and Space [pretty much at the same time.]

150 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @puzzlebox said: the first game I'll actually be involved with during development is The Wolf Among Us.

Oh, you're going to have input on that one? Maybe I'll actually buy it, then! ;)

My first game was, of course, Culture Shock, and my name/avatar comes from that season:

Warp Drive, a highly useful feature, can be used to

Continued on p.24

My favorite episode is still Episode 5 of that season, Reality 2.0. People are right, though, when they say Episode 4 of every series is pretty good.

• @WarpSpeed said: Oh, you're going to have input on that one? Maybe I'll actually buy it, then! ;)

My first game was, of course, Culture Shock, and my name/avatar comes from that season:

That manual line is a thing I think Emily and I will be dorkily proud of for far too long.

My favorite episode is still Episode 5 of that season, Reality 2.0. People are right, though, when they say Episode 4 of every series is pretty good.

Reality 2.0 was the first episode which really showed me the sorts of unique things you could do within the structure and confines of a small adventure game. It's the episode which defined the best parts of Telltale's Sam & Max gameplay for me -- when the world and your powers in it are able to fold in on themselves and recontextualize the space you're in, all without having to leave the confines of the adventure game genre -- which I think was continued most strongly in Chariots of the Dogs, What's New Beelzebub, The Penal Zone, and The Tomb of Sammun-Mak. In Strong Bad that stuff showed up most strongly for me in Strong Badia The Free and 8 Bit Is Enough. (Brendan Ferguson and Chuck Jordan are really good at figuring this stuff out, it's kind of gross. I really miss them!)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@WarpSpeed said: Oh, you're going to have input on that one?

I did word that carefully! Think like feedback on internal playtests. It's pretty awesome to see how things come together.

• @puzzlebox said: I did word that carefully! Think like feedback on internal playtests. It's pretty awesome to see how things come together.

Time to just admit that you're playing Bigby in the game.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Jake said: Time to just admit that you're playing Bigby in the game.

Whoa, way to blow the PR plan. Now we got SQUAT for E3.

• favourite episodes for each season.

S&M Season 1 - Reality 2.0
    S&M Season 2 - Night of the Raving Dead
    S&M Season 3 - Tomb of Sammun Mak
    TOMI - Trial & Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
    SBCG4AP - Dangeresque 3
    W&G - Muzzled (but they were all really good)
    Hector - own it, never played it
    BTTF - own it, never played it
    JP - I hate every bit I played of it
    TWD - Episode 2 Starved for Help
    Poker Night series - part 2 because it improved over the first one in almost every way.
    Puzzle Agent 1
    Law & Order - Never heard of it. Does this one even exist?
    Bone - The Great Cow Race

• @Alcoremortis said: First: Culture Shock

Favorite: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood/Chariots of the Dogs... can't decide between those two. But there's something about the fourth episodes of seasons that is just unbeatable.

You are right every fourth episode of a season is always brilliant
    Abe Lincoln must die,Chariot of the dogs,Beyond the alley of the dolls, Trial and execution of Guybrush Threepwood ,Dangeresque 3 and The Bogey man
    The fourth episode is always really good...
    I wonder why?

• First: Homestar Ruiner

Favorite: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood. I'd say it could be a tie with Chariots of the Dogs, but I honestly haven't played it enough/recently enough that I remember it well enough to call it a favorite.

@der_ketzer said: favourite episodes for each season.

Okay, I'll bite.

S&M Season 1 - Reality 2.0
    S&M Season 2 - Chariots of the Dogs
    S&M Season 3 - Tomb of Sammun Mak
    TOMI - Trial & Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
    SBCG4AP - 8-Bit is Enough
    W&G - Haven't played yet
    Hector - Only played episode 1 (and Ketzer, we both need to play that. Episode 1 is amazing and I'm told it gets better.)
    BTTF - Honestly, this is like trying to pick a favorite flavor of dog food. I could probably choose one I tolerate the best, but I don't particularly like any of them.
    JP - Haven't played.
    TWD - Episode 3: Long Road Ahead (I think. They were all great, and I need to play it again.)
    Poker Night series - I'm more fond of the character selection in 1, but I've really enjoyed 2 so far, and I love the inclusion of Omaha Hold 'em.
    Puzzle Agent - Haven't played 2 yet.
    Law & Order - Haven't played it yet.
    Bone - Haven't played it yet.

• The first one I played was probably CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder.

• First Telltale game was Walking Dead, played the hell out of it and will buy the other games just to support the company.

Add Comment