User Avatar Image

What was your first Telltale game?

posted by Ezny on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 1.6K users

Also favorite and least favorite game? I'm just curious.

Mine was Sam & Max: Save the World. [XBLA]

...Followed by ToMI & S&M: Beyond Time and Space [pretty much at the same time.]

150 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • First:Strong Bad

Favorite:Tales of Monkey Island

• The first Telltale game I played was The Walking Dead, which became one of my favorite games of all time. I will definitely support the studio with their upcoming releases.

• First: Sam & Max (Culture Shock)

Favourite series: Tied between Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and Tales of Monkey Island.

Favourite episode: Tied between 8-Bit is Enough and Rise of the Pirate God.

• First game: Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures
    Favourite game: The Walking Dead

• First: Homestar Ruiner/SBCG4AP

Favourite: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective

If it hadn't been for SBCG4AP I would never have found out about TellTale.

Favourites For Each Season:
    S&M Season 1 - Dark Side Of the Moon
    S&M Season 2 - Chariots Of The Dogs
    S&M Season 3 - Tomb Of Sammun Mak
    TOMI - Never got around to finishing it.
    SBCG4AP - Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective
    W&G - Kind of hard to pick. I guess I'll go with... Muzzled.
    Hector - Haven't Played yet
    BTTF - Just started working my way through it.
    JP - Haven't played.
    TWD - Suprsingly haven't played this one yet.
    Poker Night series - Can't decide. I think I prefer the Second one slightly more, though.
    Puzzle Agent - Puzzle Agent 1.
    Law & Order - Haven't played it yet.
    Bone - Haven't played it yet.

• First Telltale game I played was Tales of Monkey Island.

Favorite was obviously The Walking Dead.

Least favorite was actually Sam and Max 3 - it's not that it wasn't good, it was just... meh. I wasnt too big a fan of Jurassic Park either, but that's mainly because of the woman in it being so annoying, rather than the gameplay or the storyline.

Really liked the Back to the Future game though. And I like Poker Night 2 also. Havent played a lot of Telltale games though, like CSI, Wallace and Gromit, Law and Order, or Bone. And I only played the demo for TWaU, though it looks good -but I'm just going to wait until all 5 are out before bothering with that. TWD is more worth playing episode by episode since I'm much more into TWD than Fables.

• First Telltale game was Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space followed shortly afterwards by Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. Although I played a demo of the first Sam & Max Season way back in 2006.

Favorite Telltale game? Probably the first Season of The Walking Dead. But I really liked the third season of Sam & Max also (The Devil's Playhouse) it's close for me, but The Walking Dead and Sam & Max Season 3 both sad some rather sad moments towards their conclusions, but The Walking Dead's one was much more affective. Both were also in my book the most well written games made by Telltale.

Least favorite? Jurrassic Park. You got to see some blueprints of some of Telltale's future works thanks to that game though. And while I did actually LIKE the Back to the Future game it most certainly felt dumbed down and underwhelming in the gameplay department and the puzzles were ridiculously easy.

• I actually never heard of Telltale until I found a Walking Dead Season 1 Episode 1 play through on Youtube. I watched about the first 15 minutes of it then got it for myself. I've seen some of the other games like Jurrasic Park and Back to the Future, but they didnt interest me.

I did get TWAU, it's okay but I've not even bothered with episode 2 of it yet. Walking Dead kinda ruined anything else for me. I'm 47 yo and have played many games, Walking Dead is by far the best imo and everything else is just pffft!

• Most Telltale puzzles are relatively dumbed down, but for good reason - it's more about the story than the difficulty. Too difficult and it would get in the way of an engaging story - though Tales of Monkey Island had a very good mix of the two.

Add Comment