User Avatar Image

iOS episode 2-5 download SOLUTION [unofficial]

posted by Magicpness on - last edited by MattP - Viewed by 19.4K users

Hurray, episode 2 finally came out!

...except, I'm having major difficulties downloading episode 2. I'm not sure what the issue is but some advice would be nice:

First, im in china. Second, I normally don't have iTunes download problems, but with the walking dead, each failed download attempt restarts the progress back to 0, unfortunately not saving any previous downloaded packets. Third, the error message repeatedly says 'I need to be connected to the Internet to download ...'. I'm connected to the Internet, tried multiple locations, all to no end. Is it server side?

I've downloaded up to 10+% multiple times to the point where if the packets were saved, I should have episode 2 by now. The connection drops at random speeds, random percentages, although it seems to drop the most between 10-25%. I haven't past 52% as of yet.

I figured, since I've waited this long, I don't mind waiting a few more days for episode 2, but to have the option to download it and not work is more infuriating than a non disclosed release date. Suggestions would be nice (iPad reset doesn't work. Don't want to redownload app due to losing game saves)

EDIT : Solution posted on page 4

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Pollola said: Mexico iPhone 5 , same problem just bought the multi pack episodes 2-5. can't download now.
    Someone please help?

Does it not show the "GET" button or download just stops after pressing the GET button?

• User Avatar Image
    phl

@markan said: My Macbook Pro downloads episode 2 until 99% and has done it several times.... Im soon demanding af refund.... Or that you at least post the freakin abillity to download episodes on your webpage instead of inside the Game only....

Exactly the same problem. Downloading is really-really slow, and I have to leave macbook working overnight. And every morning I see 99% of Episode 2 downloaded.

Please do something, it is not internet connection problem, as I see. I have an 40mbps channel, and trying different places and providers with the same effect.

• Telltale doesn't care that there are major issues with their game as long as they are still raking in our money. It doesnt seem that they have made any attemt to fix these issues. They claim to have fixed all the problems when they obviously havent. How this became game of the year is beyond me. Scam of the year maybe.

• How to fix connectivity issues on ipad/iphone:

1. Go to your settings menu and set Auto-Lock to "Never"
    2. Download Hotspot Shield VPN on App Store
    3. Run Hotspot and follow the instructions
    4. Enter your game and download the episodes. NOTE: Do not perform background download, otherwise it won't work

• THIS IS NOT FAIR Telltale luck how many people cannot get the game for god sake can you give us a response please im desperate to resume the story!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Will this work on 3G do you know :D

• @Igordnt said: How to fix connectivity issues on ipad/iphone:

1. Go to your settings menu and set Auto-Lock to "Never"
    2. Download Hotspot Shield VPN on App Store
    3. Run Hotspot and follow the instructions
    4. Enter your game and download the episodes. NOTE: Do not perform background download, otherwise it won't work

THIS WORKED :d MUCH LOVE MAN PROPER :d CAN BUY BACK TO THE FUTURE NOW :) its a shame no one from telltale told me this i would have been playing by now :D download on yippeeee 5%

• @Smithy717 said: THIS WORKED :d MUCH LOVE MAN PROPER :d CAN BUY BACK TO THE FUTURE NOW :) its a shame no one from telltale told me this i would have been playing by now :D download on yippeeee 5%

• Hi,

Ich hab auch das Problem. Ich finde im ganzen inet gar nix!! Der Support hier is auch für'n A.... Hast du eine Lösung für das Problem gefunden?? Wäre sehr dankbar für Hilfe :)

• I had the same problem and tried VPN but didn't work, but I finally fixed it via resetting network settings

Add Comment