User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 33.7K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That sounds like the best arrangement ever.

    Last bought:

    gc_1367311597_407.jpg

    It's $1 on IndieGameStand (dot com), so what the hell are you people waiting for.

  • @Darth Marsden said: That sounds like the best arrangement ever.

    It's a hell of a lot better than my arrangement with Dashing to play KOTOR if he finished Gemini Rue.

    @Darth Marsden said: It's $1 on IndieGameStand (dot com), so what the hell are you people waiting for.

    I was on the fence about it, but you talked me into it. I'll even spring for the extra 30 cents to get the BTA stuff.

  • @GuruGuru214 said: With a Game Boy Player, she could theoretically play all 13 Zelda games released before Phantom Hourglass on one system (though Four Swords would require a friend). But I'll settle for Ocarina of Time.


    You realize that the Zelda collection on Gamecube that contains Ocarina of Time is like $80 right?

    EDIT: Actually, now I'm seeing them for about $45. Were they always around this price or did they drop? It's still a high cost relative to the Virtual Console releases.

  • @GuruGuru214 said: With a Game Boy Player, she could theoretically play all 13 Zelda games released before Phantom Hourglass on one system (though Four Swords would require a friend). But I'll settle for Ocarina of Time. We have an arrangement. If I finish Planescape: Torment, she plays Ocarina of Time.

    If she's gonna play Twilight Princess, it's better to play Ocarina of Time first, as TP pays a huge amount of homage to it.


    EDIT: Actually, there should be some sort of deal like, if she plays Ocarina of Time, you have to stream a playthrough of King's Quest VI.

    @GuruGuru214 said: You realize that the Zelda collection on Gamecube that contains Ocarina of Time is like $80 right?

    EDIT: Actually, now I'm seeing them for about $45. Were they always around this price or did they drop? It's still a high cost relative to the Virtual Console releases.

    Depends on the quality and whether one can get it at such as GameStop. GameStop is selling it used for 30 bucks.

    As I recall, it really was only ever the "new" ones that were expensive.

  • @Rather Dashing said: You realize that the Zelda collection on Gamecube that contains Ocarina of Time is like $80 right?

    I did say theoretically. Also, if I wasn't concerned with LoZ, Zelda II, or Majora's Mask, the Ocarina of Time Master Quest disc is much cheaper. Also, you really end up paying a lot more on eBay when you only look at Buy it Now auctions, which is what I know you're doing.

  • Also, just because everyone is talking about the GameCube...

    Rather Dashing's list of Worthwhile Games on the GameCube

    Because this is AlcoreMortis's first and only console, this list can and will contain multiplatform titles.

    1. H1o6mGu.jpg
    Remake of the first Metal Gear Solid, the remake is exclusive to the GameCube.

    2. mkgyT1s.jpg?1
    Compilation of previous MegaMan games, also had Xbox and PS2 versions.

    3. PIudgon.jpg?1
    Exclusive.

    4. U1ADn5K.jpg?1
    Exclusive.

    5. uNz7nwU.jpg?1
    Had a PS2 port.

    6. 0fvSYbp.jpg?1
    Had a PS2 version.

    7. JUrt1Lm.jpg?1
    Exclusive

    8. XjMkDDR.jpg
    Exclusive. Microphone-controlled Pinball/RTS mash-up

    9. WKBDx3O.jpg?1
    Had Dreamcast and XBLA releases.

    10. wjbxWvD.jpg?1
    Exclusive.

    11. V6y9Dqm.jpg?1
    Also on PS2

    12. S03UwlY.jpg?1
    Exclusive

    13. f8wDVBf.jpg?1
    Multiplatform


    14. CwfLQ9n.jpg?1
    Exclusive

    15. iswm3go.jpg?1
    Multiplatform

    16. WwnzBDp.jpg
    Exclusive

    There you go. Every game worth playing on the GameCube, minus Ultimate Destruction and multiplayer-focused titles.

  • There's a couple gems there, but for the most part, this list makes me sad.

  • I've played it coolsome. It's kinda 'meh'. (But for a wrestling game, that's pretty damn good!)

  • @GuruGuru214 said: There's a couple gems there, but for the most part, this list makes me sad.


    Agreed.

    Also, no one has mentioned Super Mario Sunshine yet.

    edit: or F-Zero GX, or Pikmin 2.

Add Comment