User Avatar Image

PS3 Stuttering / momentary freezing

posted by Alhon on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users

Just picked up PN2 for the PS3, and I'm getting a LOT of slowdown and stuttering in the game that's making it really unpleasant to play. Also, during an auto-save, It froze my system for the duration of the save process, causing an audio scratch while it was happening. Is there some way to alleviate this?

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • To the developers.
    I do not like to generally complain about games and spend a lot of money on them. I understand like any normal person the issues in a business and that people can never be happy. But what we have here is a product that in general does not work. If I bought a guitar where the strings were all broken I would expect new strings. Her din this game I would be embarrassed to be on the creating team. You are passing off people's comments on us having to try and fix things by rebuilding, re downloading, turn off dynamic themes, need more he'd space. These are all cop outs. You have a game that stutters, freezes every time the characters talk and hands are played to such an extent it is as if playing an online game with a very very low grade connection. It is just like I am lagging out yet.... ITS NOT EVEN ONLINE I have never had a game this bad and I though call of duty was the worst. At least they can play the server card what's your excuse. I really was thinking of buying walking dead and borderlands two but if this is your companies customer service or response to a problem to make people adapt and force changes when you should provide an update . That's like my broken guitar strings and being told use some duct tape. Simply put your game is offline and acts like a lagging online game there are deffinatly freeze issues as another along with lots of others who have tried your rediculouse fixes have found they have no affec. If you don't know why this issue exists please be honest with us and say so. The community just wishes for comunication and honesty. Not simple cop out excuses. Please figure it out and create an update , if your not willing too then I would like my money back as the game currently is psychologically aggravating to play, and hard as hell to see the characters tell AS IT IS DESIGNED TO DO and a simple game takes about 4 times longer, in poker this is rough, as a game it is broken, am simply whining about everything like happens a lot of times with game issues? NO I just wish to see some actually attempt to work in fixing what I think would be a great game and some Ho esty and humble acceptance to owning the problem not passing off the blame. In fact I should never have to ALTER my system. For your game in the first place. This is not. An answer. So please let's see an honest comment on what you all intend or I will e-mail to have my refund for a Brocken product

• I'm done buying anything TT related. I hate to be 'that guy' but this has seriously just pushed me off the edge. They're not doing anything or offering refunds and not even something simple such as a apology, nothing.

Like the person before I don't just complain about games in my free time for the fun of it. If I wanted to do that I'd go to the EA forums (zing!).

But no seriously, I'm pretty content with glitches and bugs if they're not game breaking or don't constantly interfere in gameplay. What we have here is BROKEN and we deserve a patch and a apology and since it's been two weeks that's not asking a lot.

• @Komentra said: What we have here is BROKEN and we deserve a patch and a apology and since it's been two weeks that's not asking a lot.

I completely agree.

• I just wanted to post a +1 to the skipping issues on PS3. I don't know what is worse having a character set up a hilarious joke only to have the punchline never delivered or hearing the background music get stuck like a record when it is auto saving.
    I have pretty much all TT games on PS3 and I WANT to love this product as well, but this is a pretty bad and apparently widespread PS3 problem.

• I played last night and at times when it froze I looked at the disk activity light on my PS3 and it wasn't flashing at all. It wasn't saving or loading, it was just sitting there for 10 seconds doing nothing.

Also there was one point during dialog where the video froze, but the audio kept going. Eventually the video unfroze and the video and audio were out of sync until the dialog ended.

Finally when I went to quit, the PS3 froze while quitting and did it's 3 beep reset.

The game really is coded poorly. I was watching the credits and saw all the QA people listed. They should all be fired.

Edit:

Oddly after I got eliminated, I decided to watch the remaining 4 guys play. There was no lagging, freezing or stuttering at all at that point.

• i get the freezes too. also my boarderlands stuff doent show in shift codes. pretty much bought it just for that too

• I completely locked up last night after playing for a while. Well the game locked up, the PS3 didn't as I could quit from the PS3 screen, but the PS3 couldn't quit the game and I got 3 beeps.

What's worse is that apparently, even though the game saves after every hand, it's not saving the tournament state as when I launched the game again after this the only option I had was to start a new tournament, despite being several hands into the tournament.

• I just bought this game for nearly £8.00 on the PSN. I am livid.

My game is also freezing and glitching, I was just in a show down with claptrap (just the two of us left) and I was doing pretty well and starting to enjoy it when it completely freezes up and I have to hard reset my PS3.

You are selling a product that does not function correctly. I am expecting a refund on this, I have sent you a message via twitter and facebook. I have never been so angry about a game purchase. This problem is wide spread and there have been no official updates apart from the chap above going...

"Oh yeah guys - thats an issue, why don't you try and wait a bit before playing the game" not even a... "We are working on this everyone and will have a patch out shortly"

I expect my refund because I work hard for my money and you have just sold me a product that does not work as advertised. You can contact me via email. I expect to hear from telltale soon or expect a patch within the coming week.

• okay.... WTF TTG....... if the walking dead was messing up this bad an you fixed it the same day..... then you should fix this game the same day!!!!!! or you can do the right thing and refund all the psn members who post on here about this problem! I played it on my brothers xbox with no issues..... so if xbox can do so should we! fix it or refund!

• My boyfriend used to be a QA Tester at THQ. I used to always blame testers for not catching major bugs, but he told me something about how the process of submitting patches works. Sometimes fixing minor bugs could cause other things to fail, so they generally don't worry about them. But the biggest reason that companies tend to not fix bugs is the cost. I can't quite remember the figures, but I think he said Microsoft charges $20,000 and Sony charges $10,000 per patch. This is why companies choose not to fix things at times.

Add Comment