User Avatar Image

Steam codes for Telltale-website bought titles?

posted by Borracho on - last edited - Viewed by 6.6K users

Hi,

I wanted to ask, if I've bought all these games through Telltale.com, is it possible to get Steam codes for them as well, so that I can also link them to my Steam account?

Thank you very much!

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The steam promotion is ending right about now, so I guess I'm late for getting any keys. It's a shame on my part, but it warms my heart to see Telltale being so great again.

You didn't really have to this, but you still did. That's why you are up there as one of the few best game companies around.

• I can fulfill any requests PM'd to me prior to 10am PST today, when the Steam promotion officially ends. I don't know if you'll have time to get the achievements at this point, though.

Thanks,
    Michael

• Sorry to resurrect this thread after almost one year.

But I bought Sam & Max Season 1 back in 2007 (for Windows) and got my physical copy. 6 years later I want to play it again - but since I moved to OS X and my iMac not having an optical drive there is no way for me to play :( besides buying an external drive or buying the game on steam again :/

So how is the current situation concering steam keys? I would love to play Sam & Max again..

Thanks,
    Ben

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Eas7wood said: Sorry to resurrect this thread after almost one year.

But I bought Sam & Max Season 1 back in 2007 (for Windows) and got my physical copy. 6 years later I want to play it again - but since I moved to OS X and my iMac not having an optical drive there is no way for me to play :( besides buying an external drive or buying the game on steam again :/

So how is the current situation concering steam keys? I would love to play Sam & Max again..

Thanks,
    Ben

If you bought the game in the Telltale store (and as far as I can tell, you did), it should be available for download on the Your Games page.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

Actually, no straight up Mac version of the first season exists at this time (so, Steam keys would not be helpful either).
    There are ways to run the PC version on Mac, though (I personally used CrossOver Games - now, just CrossOver -, but people have had success with Wine).

• Since this thread has been resurrected anyway, is it likely whatsoever we'll end up with the option of steam-redeemable titles? I bought Tales of Monkey Island with MI1:SE a few years ago here and would love to be able to have them on steam for easier usage.

• I also would love it when I could redeem my games bought on telltalegames.com on steam!

• @Macfly77 said: Actually, no straight up Mac version of the first season exists at this time (so, Steam keys would not be helpful either).
    There are ways to run the PC version on Mac, though (I personally used CrossOver Games - now, just CrossOver -, but people have had success with Wine).

Roger that.

@Macfly77 said: If you bought the game in the Telltale store (and as far as I can tell, you did), it should be available for download on the Your Games page.

Thanks, I'll go for this method.

• I was wondering if I could get a steam code for my version of the walking dead season 1... I bought it back in November full price from this Telltale website and downloaded it. then I recently got steam after already buying the walking dead through this site. I was able to add it as a "non-steam" game, so it's in my list of games, but all the achievements, and game background, and the cool stuff like that doesn't show up with it, steam pretty much just launches the application for me... is there anyway to get a steam code for my game? or am I stuck just using the "non-steam" version the way I have it?
    Thanks!

Add Comment