User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 7.8K users

Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.

687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @coolsome said: Jesus it takes me aggges to download one game!

And compare your download speeds to that of 8 years ago when the Xbox 360 launched. Imagine what they'll be like in another 8 years. It's a console that'll become more and more accessible to people as time goes on.

• Or alternatively, they could just not do the "everything is digital even though we have CDs" crap and make it accessible immediately.

• I'm fucking done fuck this fucking bullshit fuck.

First Telltale and everyone's grandmother and DAISHI wants to take gameplay out of games and remove critical thinking and puzzle solving so humanity can be reduced to brainless fuckwads who slap their cocks in each other's faces while hooting now Microsoft want to market an entire console to said brainless cockslapping fuckwads and I am fucking done video games are done. There is no innovation. There is no intelligence. Jake Rodkin and Dave Grossman can kiss my ass and so can Microsoft fuck off. I don't care. Gaming is dead. Gaming will go nowhere. My hopes and dreams for gaming are gone. It's over. I'm wasting my time. There is nothing on this green earth for me as a human being to contribute now because it will mean nothing in the long run when games are replaced by skype sex chat sports shitstain something something I quit.

I can't even. I am too mad to post. There is no point in even being a game designer. My dream is dead.

• @Secret Fawful said: I'm fucking done fuck this fucking bullshit fuck.

First Telltale and everyone's grandmother and DAISHI wants to take gameplay out of games and remove critical thinking and puzzle solving so humanity can be reduced to brainless fuckwads who slap their cocks in each other's faces while hooting now Microsoft want to market an entire console to said brainless cockslapping fuckwads and I am fucking done video games are done. There is no innovation. There is no intelligence. Jake Rodkin and Dave Grossman can kiss my ass and so can Microsoft fuck off. I don't care. Gaming is dead. Gaming will go nowhere. My hopes and dreams for gaming are gone. It's over. I'm wasting my time. There is nothing on this green earth for me as a human being to contribute now because it will mean nothing in the long run when games are replaced by skype sex chat sports shitstain something something I quit.

I can't even. I am too mad to post. There is no point in even being a game designer. My dream is dead.

Hey grandpa.

• @Secret Fawful said:

Just keep fighting the mainstream to get your idea game design out there with no compromises and I'm sure you will find a fanbase with people who are like you and are sick of the game market as it is.

• Sounds as crappy as expected.

• To be fair a lot of things haven't been talked about with the PS4 and even if we have heard bad things about the Xbox One (really is a stupid name) at least we know now the
    Ps4 still hasn't given a stance about Preowned games and a lot of things could be the same about the PS4...
    At the moment Sony are winning but when they announce the actual games maybe microsoft may catch up...

• and yet, I dread that it's probably going to sell well anyway. Unfortunately.

oh, except in Japan. Even if the "features" they mention do work well in other non-US countries, the original XBox did horribly in Japan for the simple fact that the console's physical size was too damn big. And this one is bigger.

Now remind me: SmartGlass is a Microsoft-only feature, right? Which means that any features it brings to the XBox One are not available to anyone who uses iOS or Android...

Further, what if I want to use a real remote control at night when I'm playing games after my wife has gone to sleep?

• @Chyron8472 said: Now remind me: SmartGlass is a Microsoft-only feature, right? Which means that any features it brings to the XBox One are not available to anyone who uses iOS or Android...

IOS and Android versions of the SmartGlass app are available. It's not a Surface-exclusive thing. I've used SmartGlass on my Android phone and tablet. It's not super-impressive as a feature but yeah, it's there.

Further, what if I want to use a real remote control at night when I'm playing games after my wife has gone to sleep?

We honestly don't know. Will the Xbox interface with regular remote controls? Will it have a media remote that does the job? It's way up in the air in regards to HOW this is actually going to work. My guess is that, worst case scenario, you can use a controller or cellphone or tablet.

Add Comment