User Avatar Image

Zyzobia?

posted by Script-br on - last edited - Viewed by 771 users

Sorry if I'm just uninformed (I haven't played S&M Season 3 yet, unfortunately), but what the hell is Zyzobia? It comes up more than one time in Poker Night 2 (Sam brings it up, then Brocks brings it up again in another conversation), and I've tried searching on Google and on here but I get no results whatsoever. I also haven't seen anyone talking about it.

So if someone could kill my ignorance, please tell me what's this Zyzobia stuff, if it means anything at all. I'm really curious.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am piecing it together but it is some ancient cult that worship Max...
    I am almost thinking some how Charlie Ho Tep is involved...

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@Hudomonkey said: I am piecing it together but it is some ancient cult that worship Max...
    I am almost thinking some how Charlie Ho Tep is involved...

Colder...

It's not related to anything that happened in Telltale's S&M...

Mike "Or Hit the Road, for that Matter" Stemmle

• Most people haven't finished the conversation, and certainly haven't memorized it. It's hard to figure out what you're talking about if you haven't figured out what you're talking about. We need a transcript, THEN we can piece together the puzzle.

Ryu "Mike has too much faith in us" Chan

• DISCLAIMER: I haven't played the game yet, but this is the Internet, so that won't stop me from making wild guesses based solely on this discussion.

Does it have anything to do with Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness"? (Giant penguins?)

Or the adventure game magic word "XYZZY"? (Xyzobia?)

Klatuu "Stab in the dark" ...er... Klatuu

• User Avatar Image

@Ryu-Chan said: Most people haven't finished the conversation, and certainly haven't memorized it. It's hard to figure out what you're talking about if you haven't figured out what you're talking about. We need a transcript, THEN we can piece together the puzzle.

Ryu "Mike has too much faith in us" Chan

I have lots of faith.... and it IS just a silly Easter Egg :)

Mike "It's All About the Giant Penguin" Stemmle

• I think I know what it is...

But just in case...

1) Is it something Sam and Max fans have been asking for?

And if the answer to 1 is "yes",

2) Are you working on it right now?

• User Avatar Image

@lattsam said: I think I know what it is...

But just in case...

1) Is it something Sam and Max fans have been asking for?

I'll give that a qualified "yes," as in, "yes, some fans have asked for it from time to time."

And if the answer to 1 is "yes",

2) Are you working on it right now?

No, no one has worked on it for some time. Nor is it likely that it will be worked on ever again.

Mike "I hate riddles... and clowns" Stemmle

• @ttg_Stemmle said: I'll give that a qualified "yes," as in, "yes, some fans have asked for it from time to time."

No, no one has worked on it for some time. Nor is it likely that it will be worked on ever again.

Mike "I hate riddles... and clowns" Stemmle

Please don't say that. That's just defeatist thinking... which I really don't need right now.

It's 2013. A lot has changed between 2004 and this year. Whatever you gave up on, you shouldn't give up on anymore, is what I'm saying.

• User Avatar Image

@lattsam said: Please don't say that. That's just defeatist thinking... which I really don't need right now.

It's 2013. A lot has changed between 2004 and this year. Whatever you gave up on, you shouldn't give up on anymore, is what I'm saying.

Defeatist it ain't... "realistic" is a bit more like it :)

Still and all, you seemed to have deduced the secret of Zyzobia, so I yield the floor so that you may lay out your theory to the adoring masses.

Mike "Heck, I Yield the Walls, Too" Stemmle

• "Realistic" is just another word for "defeatist", in my opinion. But anyway.

I used a program called the Telltale Extractor. I read the annotation for Poker Night 2, and looked up the word in question.

I saw some conversations that included that word, and specific mention was given to, among other things, a penguin queen, musical numbers, a burning Max effigy, and a space station made out of tortilla chips - or something to that effect. Those were plots from the cancelled game!

Have you asked Disney to hand over the rights to it yet?

Add Comment