User Avatar Image

Anyone else disappointed in the coverage TellTale has given The Wolf Among Us?

posted by DrChem on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

I certainly am, we haven't gotten any piece of information in awhile and since this is coming out in summer it makes me even more nervous that they figured out it sucked and are just quietly releasing it.

94 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've been a bit disappointed with coverage on the last few titles. TTG used to do a lot more self promotion on here (and I get that the company is growing etc. and needs to expand marketing opportunities), but it would be nice for a story to break on Telltale's own site for a change rather than IGN, Game Informer etc.

• There's an interview about The Wolf Among Us on Rock Paper Shotgun that went up:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/16/telltale-on-wolf-among-us-following-the-walking-dead/

Apparently Kevin Bruner is the President of Telltale now. (Assuming CFO also means President now and I'm slow, or it's just that RPS made a typo...)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Nintendo Boy1 said: Apparently Kevin Bruner is the President of Telltale now. (Assuming CFO also means President now and I'm slow, or it's just that RPS made a typo...)

Kevin Bruner has always been Telltale's co-founder and CTO (Chief Technology Officer), recently President was added to his title as well.

• @puzzlebox said: Kevin Bruner has always been Telltale's co-founder and CTO (Chief Technology Officer), recently President was added to his title as well.

Interesting, good for him. Dan and Kevin came very far, I'm glad to see them referred to as "Presidents" or "Co-Presidents" now rather than "CEO" and "CFO" (Not that there's anything wrong with that... :o)

• I might just buy The Wolf Among Us due to my extreme love of the Walking Dead and if it is just half as good I will be happy.

• The Walking Dead was very eagerly anticipated by not just the gaming community but also the mainstream media aswell. Keep in mind, The TV show was picking up steam, so every scrap of information & tie-in spread extremely quickly through the Internet. This was no-doubt helped by the media machine that TWD franchise people had in place to already promote the show.

In contrast, Wolf Amoung Us is based on a world that is soley known as a comic book property; no movie, no TV show, no mainstream exposure. Additionally, not being a superhero book, the game is based on a property that is relatively niche.

Both these factors result in the _perception_ that there is not much information out about it. As Jake previously posted, we're still in the quiet months, and things will start popping up as the release date draws closer. just think where things stood with the other games around the same time frame. Was there a- hey...

...where's the pre-order posting and the Insider Forum?!

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Soup said: ...where's the pre-order posting and the Insider Forum?!

Telltale never starts accepting pre-orders before a release date has been announced. All we know now is "summer", and it's not even summer in the United States yet.

Summer in the US lasts from June 21 through September 22, so we've got quite a bit of time left yet.

• Speaking of lack of coverage, does anyone know about the style of the game? I've just seen the latest blog post and it looked like they may be using rotoscoping.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Lathea said: I've just seen the latest blog post and it looked like they may be using rotoscoping.

Live action is being used for reference in some cases (people here have been filming a bunch of reference material for the animators... or maybe it's the choreographers), but it's not rotoscoping.

E3 is less than 3 weeks away now! The Wolf Among Us will be very much the focus for us there, so you can probably expect to see more details and interviews hitting then.

• @puzzlebox said: Live action is being used for reference in some cases (people here have been filming a bunch of reference material for the animators... or maybe it's the choreographers), but it's not rotoscoping.

Thank you! :)

I was getting a bit worried because rotoscoping triggers my motion sickness real bad (can't look at it for more than a few seconds). Now I can actually play the game :D

Add Comment