User Avatar Image

I liked that they made fun of Burn Notice in this game

posted by paultheuglydog on - last edited - Viewed by 680 users

There is one part where they ask Sam if he uses knives as weapons. Sam said he use to use an axe for a while but people started to call him Sam Axe. Ash makes fun of that name. There is another part when Ash askes himself what Chuck Finley would do.

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

    Now find the OTHER Bruce Campbell reference(s) :)

  • @ttg_Stemmle said: Now find the OTHER Bruce Campbell reference(s) :)

    Bubba Ho-Tep? I'm sure there's a line or two where Ash shows he's a fan of Elvis.

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: Bubba Ho-Tep? I'm sure there's a line or two where Ash shows he's a fan of Elvis.

    There's a couple. One where he references Elvis, and another where he references Elvis hair (in a convo with Claptrap, after Clappy talks about how Dr. Zed is experimenting with giving him hair).

    I didn't see the Burn Notice jokes as being mean-spirited, though. And I liked that. I think the show is many peoples' first introduction to Bruce, and it's a good show overall (Bruce steals the show, but the rest of the cast is great, too).

  • @ttg_Stemmle said: Now find the OTHER Bruce Campbell reference(s) :)

    You forgot the "Mike 'additional information' Stemmel" at the end.

  • User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

    @medacris said: There's a couple. One where he references Elvis, and another where he references Elvis hair (in a convo with Claptrap, after Clappy talks about how Dr. Zed is experimenting with giving him hair).

    I didn't see the Burn Notice jokes as being mean-spirited, though. And I liked that. I think the show is many peoples' first introduction to Bruce, and it's a good show overall (Bruce steals the show, but the rest of the cast is great, too).

    They're definitely not intended to be mean. The Missus and I LOVE the Burn Notice.

    Mike "When You're a Spy" Stemmle

    PS People have noticed the copious Elvis references, but there's at least one more callback The Chin's colorful cinematic career.

  • He mentions wearing a cowboy hat at some point. I looked it up and apparently it's a reference to "Brisco County Jr.," whatever that means.

    Didn't take, indeed.

  • User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

    @StrongBrush1 said: He mentions wearing a cowboy hat at some point. I looked it up and apparently it's a reference to "Brisco County Jr.," whatever that means.

    Didn't take, indeed.

    Oooh, I forgot about that one. There's still at least another one, though.

  • @ttg_Stemmle said: They're definitely not intended to be mean. The Missus and I LOVE the Burn Notice.

    Mike "When You're a Spy" Stemmle

    PS People have noticed the copious Elvis references, but there's at least one more callback The Chin's colorful cinematic career.

    Aaah, I'm glad! I'm glad you both enjoy it. I find a lot of USA's output (well, Burn Notice and White Collar) are really fun to watch with a bunch of people together on the couch.

    I think I figured out what the last reference is! At one point, Claptrap and Brock are talking about forced memes, and how true catchphrases come from the heart, like Ash's "Groovy". Ash starts talking about his friend Sam writing his most famous lines, but Brock cuts him off before Ash can say "...Raimi". Sam Raimi wrote the Evil Dead trilogy, as well as the first Spider-Man trilogy (which is why Bruce Campbell cameos in all of them).

  • i don't remember seeing bruce in spiderman 1,2 3 ?

    unless he was in the ufc scenes ?

  • @Milosuperspesh said: i don't remember seeing bruce in spiderman 1,2 3 ?

    unless he was in the ufc scenes ?


    Spider Man 1 he was the announcer at the wrestling match.
    Spider Man 2, he was the door man at the theater that stops Peter from going in.
    Spider Man 3, he was the french guy at the restaurant where Peter was trying to purpose to Mary.

    Bonus Round!
    He's the gate keeper in OZ The Great And Powerful!
    He's at the end of the credits of the new Evil Dead remake.

Add Comment