User Avatar Image

Poker night 2 cheats outrageously

posted by CrazyGoNuts on - last edited - Viewed by 14.6K users

The odds against what the computer is getting is so astronomical I can only assume it is cheating. I lose every showdown no matter what the odds are - as an example, I went up against one of the computers with a hand that had the same high card and a higher low card, such as

Ace - king

and the computer had

ace - 2

and then on the flop there were two 2's. This happened literally 3 times in a row (not aces and twos every time, but we both had the same high card and I had a better low). Then the very next hand one of the cpus went blind all in before the flop and got a royal flush. I have played poker for many years and I've never seen anyone get a royal flush before, getting it blind is ridiculous. I played one tournament where I lost 9 showdowns in a row where my "chances" were over 75% before the flop.

Why would anyone ever want to play a poker game that cheats? What is wrong with you, telltale?

93 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well either the game's cheating or there's something incredibly wonky with its random number generator.

Either way I'm not happy and I want my money back.

• Why does the AI get the card they need on the river every time? I'm not kidding, every time I have a hand dominated and they only have a 4 or 5% chance of winning they get the card they need and it's beyond annoying. I was just about to get another unlockable and had Ash dominated and the only card that would help him was a 2 and sure enough he gets it just like the hand before he could only win with a 9 on the river and gets a 9, and the hand before that he could only win with a 6 and gets it on the river. I went from being up 83K to 17K to losing the tournament because of this cheap AI. Plus will a patch ever come out to deal with this and all the freezing? I've had to restart the game on multiple occasions and the game freezes nearly every hand in between hands and dialogue.

• To all you shouting "cheater" because this experience is different than playing real-life poker, I think I know why. You play humans. This game has AI. Ballsy AI. And they might not fold as often as their human counterparts. The reason you're seeing different outcomes than you've seen before is because the game is going in less predictable directions. And everything else is just luck or unluck.

• I said it's cheap not cheating. In real life a player can get the card he or she needs on the river a few times in a row but the odds are equivalent to winning the pick 4 straight 3 days in a row. It's ridiculous, Telltale tells us they want us to have the unlocks but whenever I play for them the AI gets the card they need over and over and if I win a big hand it freezes up half the time and I have to shut down and start that hand over. This game was made half assed and I can't believe it was allowed to be released the way it is. Just won a big hand and sure enough it froze up and now I have to restart, this is beyond annoying.

• @SkyyPlum said: I said it's cheap not cheating. In real life a player can get the card he or she needs on the river a few times in a row but the odds are equivalent to winning the pick 4 straight 3 days in a row. It's ridiculous, Telltale tells us they want us to have the unlocks but whenever I play for them the AI gets the card they need over and over and if I win a big hand it freezes up half the time and I have to shut down and start that hand over. This game was made half assed and I can't believe it was allowed to be released the way it is. Just won a big hand and sure enough it froze up and now I have to restart, this is beyond annoying.

play smarter. stop putting yourself in situations where the AI getting their card will beat you.

if you don't have a sure win, don't go all in. if you have doubts that your hand won't win, don't call a bet.

my average tournament win takes 35-45 minutes.

• @Andreus said: Well either the game's cheating or there's something incredibly wonky with its random number generator.

Either way I'm not happy and I want my money back.

what if they proved their RNG to be unbiased and statistically sound through a battery of tests? would you still want your money back because its not auto-unlocks of your bounty items?

• People are still accusing Telltale of cheating...

It doesn't matter if you or the Ai win to Telltale...

It is a game it would be boring if they weren't difficult to beat...

I am 600,000 down but still loving it and I know it is because I have heavy AI...

• @Jake said: It's not cheating. The game has no motivation to cheat! Why would we write cheating code into a game which is only fun when it's authentic? There's no money on the line, only unlocks which we want you to have. No cheating, I promise.

So, questions/notes: 1) Were you playing Omaha or Texas Hold'em? 2) Start uploading screenshots if you're convinced that you're being cheated, so we can see what's up.

All I know is I "WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER POKER NIGHT GAME" the RNG is unbelievably stupid. And who ever put the "Win with a high card" challenge in the game needs to be flogged every day. Not the Monty Python style of flogging but the "Passion of the Christ" style!!! Every dam day for the rest of their lives!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::mad::mad:

• User Avatar Image
    HoboStew Telltale Staff

Not to get all "pix or it didn't happen" on people, but I would love to see a video showing the game cheating outrageously. If it is so pervasive, you should be able to throw on fraps and get one pretty quickly, no?

• I dont even play poker (got the game for the bounties) and unlocked everything within two days. If someone as inexperienced as me can beat this game without much effort, maybe you're doing something wrong.

Add Comment