User Avatar Image

Zyzobia?

posted by Script-br on - last edited - Viewed by 965 users

Sorry if I'm just uninformed (I haven't played S&M Season 3 yet, unfortunately), but what the hell is Zyzobia? It comes up more than one time in Poker Night 2 (Sam brings it up, then Brocks brings it up again in another conversation), and I've tried searching on Google and on here but I get no results whatsoever. I also haven't seen anyone talking about it.

So if someone could kill my ignorance, please tell me what's this Zyzobia stuff, if it means anything at all. I'm really curious.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

    @lattsam said: Please don't say that. That's just defeatist thinking... which I really don't need right now.

    It's 2013. A lot has changed between 2004 and this year. Whatever you gave up on, you shouldn't give up on anymore, is what I'm saying.

    Defeatist it ain't... "realistic" is a bit more like it :)

    Still and all, you seemed to have deduced the secret of Zyzobia, so I yield the floor so that you may lay out your theory to the adoring masses.

    Mike "Heck, I Yield the Walls, Too" Stemmle

  • "Realistic" is just another word for "defeatist", in my opinion. But anyway.

    I used a program called the Telltale Extractor. I read the annotation for Poker Night 2, and looked up the word in question.

    I saw some conversations that included that word, and specific mention was given to, among other things, a penguin queen, musical numbers, a burning Max effigy, and a space station made out of tortilla chips - or something to that effect. Those were plots from the cancelled game!

    Have you asked Disney to hand over the rights to it yet?

  • User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

    @lattsam said: "Realistic" is just another word for "defeatist", in my opinion. But anyway.

    I used a program called the Telltale Extractor. I read a transcript of the annotation for Poker Night 2, and looked up the word in question.

    I saw some conversations that included that word, and specific mention was given to, among other things, a penguin queen, musical numbers, a burning Max effigy, and a space station made out of tortilla chips - or something to that effect. Those were plots from the cancelled game!

    Also, admit it... you're holding out on us, aren't you?

    Congratulations! You have indeed figured out that the freaky multi-chapter tale that Sam spins during Poker Night 2 is, in fact, a slightly re-worked synopsis of the cancelled Freelance Police game.*

    And no, I'm not holding out. Seriously. This is my serious face :|

    Mike "Getting The Rights to that Content From the Mouse Would Be Nigh Impossible" Stemmle

    * The name "Zyzobia" is a major re-working. In the original story, the name of the Giant Penguin's homeland was "Subarctica," which I think we can all agree was NOT one of my more inspired efforts. "Zyzobia," on the other hand, is a mythical country created by my then-3-year-old-boys, which bears a striking resemblance to Redondo Beach.

  • @ttg_Stemmle said: Congratulations! You have indeed figured out that the freaky multi-chapter tale that Sam spins during Poker Night 2 is, in fact, a slightly re-worked synopsis of the cancelled Freelance Police game.*

    And no, I'm not holding out. Seriously. This is my serious face :|

    Mike "Getting The Rights to that Content From the Mouse Would Be Nigh Impossible" Stemmle

    * The name "Zyzobia" is a major re-working. In the original story, the name of the Giant Penguin's homeland was "Subarctica," which I think we can all agree was NOT one of my more inspired efforts. "Zyzobia," on the other hand, is a mythical country created by my then-3-year-old-boys, which bears a striking resemblance to Redondo Beach.

    I wasn't saying whether or not you held out. I was asking whether or not you asked Disney for the rights yet.

    You didn't, did you?

  • Riddles, Clowns, and Penguins? Hm... Something's fishy here. And where there's a fish, there's a penguin.

  • @Ryu-Chan said: Riddles, Clowns, and Penguins? Hm... Something's fishy here. And where there's a fish, there's a penguin.

    You're right... something is fishy.

    I really think someone is afraid to speak up, because they think Disney is just like LucasArts... when they are two completely different things.

    What I have to say is... there's no reason to be afraid. If you want to ask them, there is nothing stopping you from doing so.

  • Telltale: Hey, Disney, would you mind giving us the rights to the canceled Sam & Max Freelance Police game? Oh, and throw in Monkey Island while you're at it? It's not like you're going to be doing anything with them.

    Disney: Huh? Oh. That makes sense. Here ya go!

    And if you believe that....

  • @WarpSpeed said: Telltale: Hey, Disney, would you mind giving us the rights to the canceled Sam & Max Freelance Police game? Oh, and throw in Monkey Island while you're at it? It's not like you're going to be doing anything with them.

    Disney: Huh? Oh. That makes sense. Here ya go!

    And if you believe that....

    Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it.

  • So that's what this was all about! Glad to know at least a small piece of the game that never came to pass got to live on as something other than a 'particularly gruesome case.'

    I've liked all the little stories told so far. I've gotten Ash's and Sam's, I think I might be on Claptrap's now (or is it GLaDOS'?), can't wait to see them all play out.

  • @spd12 said: So that's what this was all about! Glad to know at least a small piece of the game that never came to pass got to live on as something other than a 'particularly gruesome case.'

    Now if it would evolve beyond "something Sam and Max fans will never be allowed to experience" into "something Sam and Max fans will finally get to experience after being denied the right to experience it for a ridiculously long period of time".

Add Comment