User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 43.5K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same problem though. What's good about those is that they have low power consumption and make little noise and heat, but I've had a lot of problems getting games to run decent or at all with my HD 2000 and 3000.

• Only thing is it doesn't even get past the Obsidian logo and as a lot of people picked up on Star wars day I can see I'm not the only one with this problem...

• @Hudomonkey said: Only thing is it doesn't even get past the Obsidian logo and as a lot of people picked up on Star wars day I can see I'm not the only one with this problem...

Your problem is that you are trying to run a game with a GPU that was designed around Office programs and maybe those fancy visual plugins for Mediaplayer.

• Laptops don't last forever, but you've probably still got the game when it's time to replace your computer. Yeah, it sucks that you can't play it now, but lappies with dedicated video cards have become pretty cheap over the past couple of years, so it's definitely something worth concidering next time.

My current laptop has an Intel/Nvidia combo with Optimus technology and I've got to say I'm extremely satisfied with it even after a year. And it only cost me about $800. Since the Steam Linux beta began it's even become very decent for Linux gaming, due to stuff like optirun and primusrun.

I understand your frustration, but it's a pretty cheap game, and you're probably going to enjoy it as much in a few years as you would have now.

• I'm not sure if it is my problem there seem to be a lot of people with a lot more powerful machines who are having the same problem...

• @der_ketzer said: Your problem is that you are trying to run a game with a GPU that was designed around Office programs and maybe those fancy visual plugins for Mediaplayer.

The HD 4000 is actually surprisingly capable for an integrated card. My sister's laptop has it, and she's able to play most console ports on it just fine(she just played through Arkham City). She's not playing these on the highest settings or anything, but medium graphics I believe roughly match console performance these days.

• Fixed the problem after downloading mods and fiddling with the .ini files...

• A couple of things for Father's Day, and a couple more XBox Classic (since I can't call it the XBox 1 any more, grr grr) games that I probably paid too much for but who cares, I needed cheering up.

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhi9JzihWU2p04HzS7egn
    Because I think 12 years is long enough to wait.

Seriously, when the oracle games first came out, I assumed they were just like Pokemon red/blue. The same, but slightly different. So I bought ages, and spent all my money on some other game. Thunderbirds, I think (eugh, that game was awful.) It wasn't until months later that I learnt the truth.

Oh, and it's £4something on the 3DS eShop.

Add Comment