User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.5K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I gave the new Star Trek game a go and got stuck on - I shit you not - the very first Gorn enemy.

Not even kidding. Can't beat the git. Wasn't really having fun anyway, but that's all I needed.

So yeah, that's my verdict on the new Star Trek game - it's boring and has stupidly bad combat.

• Today was full of firsts! First time I ever played the Shadow Temple twice in one day and the first time I ever fought Twinrova immediately followed by Bongo Bongo.

I'm playing Ocarina of Time and Ocarina of Time 3D at the same time.

• Costume Quest! It's really fun so far. I love the action command-based combat.

I played a lot of RPG's back in the PS2 era, but I hadn't found many that ran on a Mac, so there was a period of several years where I went totally RPG-less. Kinda bummed me out. But this game is great, very brightly colored and fun. Clever writing, too.

• @Darth Marsden said: I gave the new Star Trek game a go and got stuck on - I shit you not - the very first Gorn enemy.

Not even kidding. Can't beat the git. Wasn't really having fun anyway, but that's all I needed.

So yeah, that's my verdict on the new Star Trek game - it's boring and has stupidly bad combat.

Wow. I didn't think it was THAT bad. Not great, but not terrible. About the only thing that kept it from being on par with the Ghostbusters game(as far as movie-based licensed games go) was that my experience with Star Trek had a LOT of glitches that pissed me off...and one that was funny in retrospect. Immortal red-shirt, gotta remember him for the next away mission.

@Darth Marsden said: Today was full of firsts! First time I ever played the Shadow Temple twice in one day and the first time I ever fought Twinrova immediately followed by Bongo Bongo.

I'm playing Ocarina of Time and Ocarina of Time 3D at the same time.

You're a very crazy man. I admire that. :cool:

Playing Injustice still, having a crap-ton of fun with DLC character Batgirl. Seriously one of, if not my top, favorite character in this game. Doesn't hurt that I have a thing for red-heads. :p

• Finished both Ocarina of Times a few days ago. Now I've been doing a minimal time travel Majora's Mask run. I've only played five cycles and only have three left to go. A couple nights ago, I beat Woodfall and Snowhead in the same three days. Last night, I finished up the three days where I did the Pirate's Fortress and Pinnacle Rock to get the New Wave Bossa Nova, while doing the Romani Ranch sidequest, while reforging my sword and getting the last four bottles. Up next: both Spider Houses, the Great Bay Temple, the Title Deed trading sequence, and the Gibdo Mask. After that, three days where I clear the Gibdo Well, the Ancient Castle of Ikana, and the Stone Tower Temple, all while completing Anju & Kafei. All that's left for the last three is cheering up the Mayor, staying awake for Grandma's stories, and fighting Majora.

• Fawful's going to love the Spider Houses.

• Lunar Genesis on the DS, which has the distinction of being one of the most poorly-conceived RPGs I've ever played. The combat mechanics are ludicrous - you literally cannot target specific enemies, instead letting the game just pick one seemingly at random. On top of this, if you run while moving around maps you lose health, you have to pick between gaining experience or items you can sell for money whenever you enter combat, and the vast majority of the game is spent auto-battling while you do something else. Ugh.

• @Alcoremortis said: Fawful's going to love the Spider Houses.

FUCK THAT SHIT I JUST TRIED IT TODAY IT'S SO FRUSTRATING ARGH WHY DO I HAVE TO JUMP ON A PAPERTHIN THINGIE WHEN THE SPIDER KEEPS KNOCKING ME OFF ARGHHRGHHHGGHHHGGHGHGHRGHRHGRHGHRHGHGRG HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND ALL OF THESE THINGS I HATE SPIDERS ARGHHRGHHHGGHHHGGHGHGHRGHRHGRHGHRHGHGRG is what I'd say if Call of Duty is more my speed.

I actually just realized I probably can't properly tackle it right now and I'll just come back later. Majora's Mask isn't as daunting as people think it is. Finding Woodfall is kind of a bitch. I have a guide but I refuse to use it.

Also why THE HELL isn't Guru finishing The Last Crusade!? Or playing Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie and DK64 and Jet Force Gemini and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga at the same time ARGHHRGHHHGGHHHGGHGHGHRGHRHGRHGHRHGHGRG

• @Secret Fawful said: I actually just realized I probably can't properly tackle it right now and I'll just come back later. Majora's Mask isn't as daunting as people think it is. Finding Woodfall is kind of a bitch. I have a guide but I refuse to use it.

I'll be doing the Spider Houses tomorrow. I'd do it tonight, but I have to get up early tomorrow, and I'm exhausted from three nights of not sleeping well.

Also why THE HELL isn't Guru finishing The Last Crusade!? Or playing Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie and DK64 and Jet Force Gemini and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga at the same time ARGHHRGHHHGGHHHGGHGHGHRGHRHGRHGHRHGHGRG

You know why I won't play Superstar Saga right now. And I haven't felt like putting myself through The Last Crusade. Also, stop telling me to play games I don't own! I have enough shit that I already own to get through.

• I'm glad to say (after about an hour messing with the .ini files and downloading useful mods) I have finally began to play KoTor 2 with the restored content mod

Great game but very Incomplete and the steam version is very broken

But after installing the mod and fiddling with the files both of those problems should be solved...

Add Comment