User Avatar Image

Sony Playstation 4

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

Here is the PS4 Press Conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh8KLN-l86o

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

For my part, I'm putting my money into Sony's camp, and hope that the XBox One is a colossal failure.

157 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

There's no battle of the consoles any more, as Microsoft obviously wants to lose with a vengeance. I had my eye on the PS4, but pricing is of the essence here. New console games on the PS3 already cost an absurd amount of money compared to PC games, and it's rumored that Sony wants to raise those prices by a tasty 25 to 30% for PS4 games. That's absolutely not what I am about to pay in a market situation which eliminates used games as a possibility. I'd rather buy the 8 to 9 Blu Ray movies I'd get for the same money than that single game.

If the PS4 goes on sale for 350$/€ or less and the games stay at 65$/€ or even drop in price, I'll take a second look. In any other case, I'll keep my money for sure. Haven't got enough of it anyway.

• To be fair I feel Sony are kind of avoiding announcing too much and as bad as the Xbox one is...

Sony haven't announced whether or not you will be able to play pre-owned games or not
    They also have no backwards compatibility
    The also are going to just have some black box that is probably just as ugly...
    The only real difference is Sony chose to focus on games at the reveal and leave the console for E3 whilst Microsoft decided to focus on the console at the announcement and wait til E3 to announce their 15 exclusive games...

Still unless they announce 15 brilliant games...

We can only speculate until E3 where they announce Viva Pinata 3, Kameo 2, Fable 4, Blinx the Timesweeper 3, Grabbed by the Ghoullies 2, the real Banjo threeie and Announces Kinect was just a practical joke...
    (I hope at least)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

That's the console crux. I started out with the Atari 2600 and the NES. "Backwards compatibility" was pretty much a dream back then, it was TEH argument for the PC, while today it somehow seems to be expected among users. I understand that part, but judging from history, it never was a focus for console manufacturers.

Was the PS4 design every shown, anywhere? From what can you infer that "they also are going to just have some black box that is probably just as ugly"?

• I have no desire for either console.

(Looks like its just you two and me 3DS and PC, well, until Nintendo get something good out for the WiiU that is! XD)

• I'm getting a PS4 and most likely a Wii U but I will not be getting the Xbox One because in my opinion it does not care about games. The only thing we have been hearing about it is completely stupid choices for the Xbox One. Let's compare PS4's reveal to Xbox One's. Microsoft spent the whole thing going on and on about TV, Movies, Kinect, and sports which no one gives a crap about. They only reveal some games like Forza and showed some gameplay of Cod (Which got a whole 15 minutes of the damn thing) and then after it they reveal some of the stupidest choices. Let's see what the Xbox One now restricts you from doing. You can't rent games because you have to pay a fee to play it. You can let friends borrow games because they have to pay a fee. You can't buy Pre-Owned games because of the fee and Indie games can't even go on it (I think). As for those 15 exclusives wasn't 5 of those announced were to be EA sports titles (Again i think)

PS4's reveal was focused on games. If i remember right, Sony spent the first 15 or 30 minutes showing the features of the PS4 and the controller and developer thoughts. Then they spent the rest of the night revealing games. Some games being Killzone Shadow Fall, inFamous Second Son, Knack, and Drive Club and it showed some multiplatform games like Watch Dogs. Also if i remember right didn't they say they were trying to make the PS4 more indie friendly? Fair enough Sony didn't reveal if PS4 will have some of the crap the Xbox One has but i hope Sony is smart enough to see all the bs Microsoft is using to get more money out of people and i hope they see the negative response that people is giving Microsoft's BS.

Sorry if i sounded harsh on this but its my opinion.

• I'll be putting money towards a Wii U. Why? They have games that interest me, they give a crap about the fans, and they weren't retarded enough to take away Wii backwards compatibility.

That being said. When they announce something for PS4 that I desperately want(an Arkham City SEQUEL instead of prequel or, God willing, Battlefront 3), that will be what I go for. I don't know what Microsoft is smoking with the Xbox One(stupid name BTW).

• @Shadowknight1 said: That being said. When they announce something for PS4 that I desperately want(an Arkham City SEQUEL instead of prequel or, God willing, Battlefront 3)

What is so bad about a prequel? I want to see some things resolved to, but more batman is more batman.

• Prequels usly flesh out stuff that will be important in the sequel.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: Also if i remember right didn't they say they were trying to make the PS4 more indie friendly?

They did indeed. They've already started with the 'Indie' category on PSN, and they've already said that they'll let developers self-publish their own games. Here's a good article from March describing what Sony's doing for 'indie' games.

• This #hit is getting ridiculous.

First I do want both to succeed, I just think Microsoft needs to get whooped upside the head and learn a lesson.

Two, when I see game maker conferences talking about pushing boundaries and cutting edge, I'm like, really? You're making pretty pictures move and hit each other. You know who's pushing boundaries? Those MIT boys making DRACO, or the scientists working at the Large Haldron Collider.

Add Comment