User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 4.0K users

Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.

687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Nah, I'd rather dump on the Xbox One a bit more.

All right, what kind of crappy shit has Microsoft not yet tried to pull... hey, what about Electronic Arts' Sim City "the cloud does the work for you" fabrication to justify always online DRM in single player games? Microsoft really wouldn't pull off that cloud gaming kind of crap, eh? Least of all to justify its inferior specs compared to the PS4?

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54748/xbox-one-specs-are-boosted-by-the-equivalent-of-three-xbox-ones-in-the-cloud/

• well they probably had the whole "the cloud makes the XBOX ONE super powerful" line figured out before the sim city disaster, but the thing is that now there will always be XBOX fanboys claiming that the xbox i more powerful than the PS4 and the PC because of "the cloud" and they will never be convinced otherwise even when the internet proves that it isn't as good as they say it is

• I've decided to buy an XBox One.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Another opinion piece from Ben Kuchera: Why the Xbox One "backlash" doesn't matter

• I don't exactly see how he can say this is not a ''backlash'' There is a lot of people who don't like this and people have made videos about it like Angry Joe, and JeremyJahns. Also this guy basically assumes that Sony will do this to used games. For all we know they could but this guy basically makes it sound like Sony is going to do this without question. Thirdly he says that Sony is appealing to small companies but they could lose the big companies. Please tell me at what point did Sony lose big company support? He says EA have given up support for Wii U which has nothing to do with Sony and that Cod Ghosts DLC will be on Xbox eariler. Oh you mean how all the Cod DLC is on Xbox a month eariler than PC & PS3. At this point the poster just feels like a Xbox fanboy in my opinion.

Angry Joe's angry rant on Xbox One:http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/05/xbox-one-reveal-angry-rant/
    JeremyJahns video on Xbox One:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMIrjBWeus0

• @Gman5852 said: I'm still reading the article, but he has not said there is no backlash. In fact the title right away mentions that there is a backlash.

He is saying that the backlash doesn't matter, not that there isn't one.

In any case it still does matter.

• My favorite thing about the Xbox One so far is the fact that I don't have to buy one.

Finally, a way to watch live TV ... through ... though my TV ...

• @ryannumber1gamer said: In any case it still does matter.

Sorry I really hadn't gotten to the "This isn't backlash" part of the article, so I deleted that point. I do still agree with him though, but that was my fault. :o

@ryannumber1gamer said: I don't exactly see how he can say this is not a ''backlash'' There is a lot of people who don't like this and people have made videos about it like Angry Joe, and JeremyJahns.

He is saying that technically from Microsoft's perspective, no one has done anything. Microsoft don't care that they get bad prep if they still get a lot of sales. If everyone complains but still buys it, then there really wasn't a backlash as they still profited from it. A youtube video means nothing.

Also this guy basically assumes that Sony will do this to used games. For all we know they could but this guy basically makes it sound like Sony is going to do this without question.

He isn't saying that Sony WILL do this, but rather there is a possibility of it considering they are dancing around the subject themselves.

Thirdly he says that Sony is appealing to small companies but they could lose the big companies. Please tell me at what point did Sony lose big company support?

"could", not "right now". As in there is a chance that developers will think "Oh less used games over on the xbox? I better focus on them and not Sony/Nintendo". A scenario that could very well happen if the xbox still sells well.

He says EA have given up support for Wii U which has nothing to do with Sony and that Cod Ghosts DLC will be on Xbox eariler. Oh you mean how all the Cod DLC is on Xbox a month eariler than PC & PS3.

He was talking about how companies need to form alliances. The EA dropping WiiU support may not involve Sony/MS, but it does go with the idea of how the big 3 need to form alliances(much like Nintendo is doing with Sega) to keep alive in the console war with exclusives. If MS gets all the alliances from this system, it wont matter what people think, Sony and Nintendo won't have as many games to compete with the Xbox One.

At this point the poster just feels like a Xbox fanboy in my opinion.

Which is exactly why he stated great ways to protest the Xbox One if you don't like it that would actually send a message to them.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: I don't exactly see how he can say this is not a ''backlash'' There is a lot of people who don't like this and people have made videos about it like Angry Joe, and JeremyJahns. Also this guy basically assumes that Sony will do this to used games. For all we know they could but this guy basically makes it sound like Sony is going to do this without question. Thirdly he says that Sony is appealing to small companies but they could lose the big companies. Please tell me at what point did Sony lose big company support? He says EA have given up support for Wii U which has nothing to do with Sony and that Cod Ghosts DLC will be on Xbox eariler. Oh you mean how all the Cod DLC is on Xbox a month eariler than PC & PS3. At this point the poster just feels like a Xbox fanboy in my opinion.

Angry Joe's angry rant on Xbox One:http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/05/xbox-one-reveal-angry-rant/
    JeremyJahns video on Xbox One:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMIrjBWeus0

The greater issue is "Who really cares".

The people who bought the 360 will likely but the One.

• Ugh, I just checked the EB Games Australia website, and a preorder page is up for the Xbox One...900 dollars...that's just ridiculous, clearly they're only catering for the super rich.

EDIT: Oh, not to mention some of the games available for preorder are over 100 each. The least expensive game is close to 120. Utterly stupid.

Add Comment