Menu
User Avatar Image

Sneaking into Crawford was more stupid than attacking them!

posted by Pro_Spammer on - last edited - Viewed by 348 users

When I said we have number and we should attacking to Crawford every one acted like my idea was stupid! but in my opinion sneaking into such a place like Crawford was a lot more stupid than just attacking them :confused:
How it's possible to sneaking into a camp like Crawford and searching for three stuff without any clash?

But instead of sneaking through Crawford they just could acted like terrorist group and attacking to Crawford every day and killing some of them every day and after a week they could compromised with each other over the stuff they've needed

9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • First off, we had no week due to Omid's condition.
    It had to be right away or never.
    Second: for all the group knew they could've had assault rifles, grenades or anything.
    Without having even a hunch of what they have, assaulting the place is simply no option.
    Furthermore according to Molly and Vernon, who had knowledge of the place, it was well guarded, so probably, once they'd taken someone out, the noise would have gotten at least half the guards on them. And we hadn't had the numbers, there were way less of us... even less if you only count those who can actually handle a gun, and fight. So yeah, attacking them would have been suicide.

  • @ZeroShoot said: First off, we had no week due to Omid's condition.
    It had to be right away or never.
    Second: for all the group knew they could've had assault rifles, grenades or anything.
    Without having even a hunch of what they have, assaulting the place is simply no option.
    Furthermore according to Molly and Vernon, who had knowledge of the place, it was well guarded, so probably, once they'd taken someone out, the noise would have gotten at least half the guards on them. And we hadn't had the numbers, there were way less of us... even less if you only count those who can actually handle a gun, and fight. So yeah, attacking them would have been suicide.

    Sneaking through a lot equipped men with assault rifle and grenades wasn't more stupid than just suddenly attacking them killing some of them and then running away? after some days they've could use this as a bargaining chip for stuff they've needed

    Omid's condition wasn't priority, as we saw before he would be alive without medication

  • @Pro_Spammer said: Sneaking through a lot equipped men with assault rifle and grenades wasn't more stupid than just suddenly attacking them killing some of them and then running away? after some days they've could use this as a bargaining chip for stuff they've needed

    Omid's condition wasn't priority, as we saw before he would be alive without medication

    Okay, explain to me how killing some of them and running away would work?
    Do you expect it to be so easy? They shoot one or two, the others come running and spray shitloads of bullets at our people. Now they either run for cover and fight back (probably outnumbered...) or die. Running away? How? Crawford wasn't exactly big, the place was a school, plus some space around it. Reinforcement would have immediately arrived, and running from bullets is stupid.

    If we talk of things we didn't know before making the plan, like the fact that Omid survived without medicine at first, then let me please remind you of another fact. That'd be the horde, that was approaching Savannah, if they had stayed there longer, they would've had serious problems, time was something we didn't have. The noose was closing around our necks... slowly.

    Sneaking in, with Brie, who knew the layout of the school, and even guessed where what actually was correctly was smarter, while the execution of the plan was definitely harder. Blunt weapons and hatchets are quite quiet compared to guns. I do agree though, that we do not know how it would've turned out, had Crawford not fallen to the walkers.

    This is all of course hypothetically speaking... but I think both plans had their flaws. However, what choice do you have when you back's against the wall?

  • @Pro_Spammer said: When I said we have number and we should attacking to Crawford every one acted like my idea was stupid! but in my opinion sneaking into such a place like Crawford was a lot more stupid than just attacking them :confused:
    How it's possible to sneaking into a camp like Crawford and searching for three stuff without any clash?

    But instead of sneaking through Crawford they just could acted like terrorist group and attacking to Crawford ever day and killing some of them every day and after a week they could compromised with each other instead for the stuff they've needed

    Omid needed medications right away, and taking a week to wage a war of attrition would defeat one of the purposes of raiding Crawford.

    Crawford is a fortified place with people who are reputed to be hardened and well-equipped survivors. They also outnumber Lee's group, so you are wrong when you claim you have the numbers. What are the chances of Lee's group walking away unscathed? They will take unnecessary casualties by making direct attacks.

    In addition, a serious flaw in your plan is that you plan on dragging it on over a week. What are the chances of Crawford being unprepared after the first raid?

    There's also the obvious problems of attracting walkers if the group went in guns blazing. Remember episode three?

    Going in stealthily doesn't guarantee the mission won't turn into a straight out battle, but it sure offers the chance of a smoother run. Your idea, on the other hand, guarantees all the problems mentioned.

    @Pro_Spammer said: Omid's condition wasn't priority, as we saw before he would be alive without medication

    You can't advance the game without getting him the meds. Just because he woke up from a near death experience doesn't mean he won't need the meds because he still has an infected wound.

  • The group was outgunned and outnumbered. There was no way they could have won a direct confrontation. And actually "terrorists" use tactics such as attacking weak points and stealth for these two reasons.

  • What is the point of this thread exactly, on topic I agree with what has been said going stealth was the least bad option out of the three.

  • @double_u said: Omid needed medications right away, and taking a week to wage a war of attrition would defeat one of the purposes of raiding Crawford.

    Crawford is a fortified place with people who are reputed to be hardened and well-equipped survivors. They also outnumber Lee's group, so you are wrong when you claim you have the numbers. What are the chances of Lee's group walking away unscathed? They will take unnecessary casualties by making direct attacks.

    In addition, a serious flaw in your plan is that you plan on dragging it on over a week. What are the chances of Crawford being unprepared after the first raid?

    There's also the obvious problems of attracting walkers if the group went in guns blazing. Remember episode three?

    Going in stealthily doesn't guarantee the mission won't turn into a straight out battle, but it sure offers the chance of a smoother run. Your idea, on the other hand, guarantees all the problems mentioned.

    You can't advance the game without getting him the meds. Just because he woke up from a near death experience doesn't mean he won't need the meds because he still has an infected wound.

    Ha, nevermind Episode 3, how about Episode 5 which was the result of the noise created by the train, that result being the enormous herd of Walkers infesting the city.

  • Sneaking in was the only real choice. You couldn't conduct guerilla warfare like raids against Crawford with a group like we had at our disposal. People who could handle weapons: Lee, Kenny, Christa, and Molly. Vernon isn't reliable with a firearm. He doesn't have the guts for a war like that. Ben, well, like Vernon, but even worse. Omid is injured. Clem is 9 years old. That would be 4 people trying to take on dozens of psychopaths with (what I assume to be) assault weapons. Our group had all of 5 pistols and a rifle, which promptly ran out of ammo literally the day after the Crawford raid. I didn't like sneaking in either, but taking out a few patrolling guards with a hatchet and hiding the bodies is much more likely to get us what we need instead of hit-and-run attacks against a foe superior in all ways with barely any ammo. And I'm not even counting the walkers that those shootouts would bring, or the herd that hit town a day after sneaking into Crawford. Or even Campman, whose sole purpose was to screw us over and take Clem. Or our lack of food.

  • It can be seen both ways really i tought sneaking in was better but i understand why some people would want to attack them

Add Comment