User Avatar Image

Is it just me who took an automatic dislike to Duck?

posted by Jspiteri on - last edited - Viewed by 703 users

I felt kind of bad that I could dislike a poor defensless little kid and not have a reason to back it up. I even kind of felt slightly ok that he turned into a walker and got shot in the head by his dad. I finished the game and watched Toy Story with my niece the day after.

I now know why I hated Duck so much. He is literally the identical twin of that evil shit that is known to all of us as Sid.
Did anyone else feel this way towards him or was it just my crazy deluded brain?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I was more or less indifferent towards Duck, and at times annoyed. I figured he was there to fill the role of the stereotypical hyperactive, nagging child. But it was sad to see him go in Ep3.

• I thought he was an irritating little turd and hated him for causing Shawn's death but he grew on me and I cried when he was killed off.

• I do not think anyone hates Duck as much as Pewdiepie, and I think he was faking the hate.

• @Jspiteri said: I felt kind of bad that I could dislike a poor defensless little kid and not have a reason to back it up. I even kind of felt slightly ok that he turned into a walker and got shot in the head by his dad. I finished the game and watched Toy Story with my niece the day after.

I now know why I hated Duck so much. He is literally the identical twin of that evil shit that is known to all of us as Sid.
    Did anyone else feel this way towards him or was it just my crazy deluded brain?

i thought he looked more like Andy

2266716-ducknewclothes.pngandytoystory.jpegtoy_story_34_corde.jpg

secret origin of how kenny was borne
    toy_story_duck_and_kenny_by_thestalkingh

• I thought he was annoying as well, basically filled the role of the annoying child you see in every video game, although i taken a liking to him on episode 3.

About 6 minutes before he was bitten.

• Not even the Batman thing could do it im sorry i was glad to shoot Duck in the head
    I know im a horrible person :(

• @Jspiteri said: I felt kind of bad that I could dislike a poor defensless little kid and not have a reason to back it up. I even kind of felt slightly ok that he turned into a walker and got shot in the head by his dad. I finished the game and watched Toy Story with my niece the day after.

He reminded me a bit of the main bad guy-- so to speak-- in Toy Story I.

• @gimmeseason2 said: My hatred towards Duck was automatic as well, as I hate kids. Clem, though, is an exception. :)

lol, man I havent seen honesty like that in a while. I didnt hate Duck, per se, as he was only doing what 10 yr old boys do: touch stuff and get into trouble.

Kenny's attitude after the event is what really rubbed me the wrong way

• pewdiepie!! he made me hate him. kill him!!!

• @fabi777 said: pewdiepie!! he made me hate him. kill him!!!

Kill who? PewdiePie or Duck? O_o

And as for my answer, I was pretty indifferent towards him.

I saved Shawn over Duck not because I didn't like the kid, but because I knew that Kenny was on his way to save his son and Hershel went off to get his gun, leaving no one around to save Shawn so I took up the resonsibility.

My opinion of him improved in Episode 3 after we got to know him a little better, whats with being a fan of Batman and Robin and being helpful with the investigation of the missing supplies and all.

Add Comment